Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mysterious opening of all windows GS300 2007

Hi Guys , my cousin have a GS300 2007 and in the morning today she just find all windows open and alarm was on but all doors looked , key fob was somewhere where she can t touch them at all , any idea why this happen ?

Thank you

Can't be sure about the Gen 3 GS but my 2006 IS250 was subject to phantom window opening until I found out what was causing it. In the settings it is possible to set things so that the windows can be opened and closed with a long press on the unlock and lock buttons respectively on the key fob. You can sometimes press these buttons accidentally, eg by bending down with the fob in your pocket or if something heavy is placed on the fob in the house, or if a child plays with the fob - the fob has quite a long range. You say it was tucked away, but is it possible something like this happened?

Both settings (which are independent) can be changed/disabled via Techstream or by a dealer (at a cost!)

My Gen 4 GS300h doesn't do it, but I don't know if that is because it's the default setting - I suspect so, or maybe it was changed by a previous owner and again it would be a Techstream setting to change it.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, johnatg said:

Can't be sure about the Gen 3 GS but my 2006 IS250 was subject to phantom window opening until I found out what was causing it. In the settings it is possible to set things so that the windows can be opened and closed with a long press on the unlock and lock buttons respectively on the key fob. You can sometimes press these buttons accidentally, eg by bending down with the fob in your pocket or if something heavy is placed on the fob in the house, or if a child plays with the fob - the fob has quite a long range. You say it was tucked away, but is it possible something like this happened?

Both settings (which are independent) can be changed/disabled via Techstream or by a dealer (at a cost!)

My Gen 4 GS300h doesn't do it, but I don't know if that is because it's the default setting - I suspect so, or maybe it was changed by a previous owner and again it would be a Techstream setting to change it.

Thank you for your reply ...

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

hi yes i did ...but to be honest no one know what s actually happen , as i said no one touch the key fob so ...don t know what s happen , and that car was mine and i am pretty sure does not have that function on and never happen to me ...so ...something it s wrong but don t know what ..lol...i assume she will get this to a local dealer ...hope that will solve the problem ...and thank you for your reply 

Regards 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Interesting because, I had this gremlin when I had my battery changed. It turned out that the windows needed recalibrating after battery was changed...

Yes i know and that s easy to do  but was nothing change 

Just now, Mr.Flo said:

Yes i know and that s easy to do  but was nothing change 

Ok. Sorry to hear this gremlin of yours. I am guessing but think it could be with the security locking mechanism? when the windows open, are the doors still locked?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nico72 said:

Ok. Sorry to hear this gremlin of yours. I am guessing but think it could be with the security locking mechanism? when the windows open, are the doors still locked?

Yes they are still locked ...don t know the reason but i hope she will find out , thank you for you help 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

Flo, have you looked in your Handbook for items relating to Locking/Unlocking ?

To be honest no i didn t , but i will tell her to do so , i don t have this car anymore , my cousin buy this from me ...

Thank you

• Like 1

On my 2009 GS 450h this action can be set by the owner so can therefore be disabled. If it was activated accidentally and the doors not opened then the doors would automatically re-lock but the windows would remain down. Also test whether it is set up to do this by locking then unlocking with a very long press on the unlock button, that will then give you an indication as to whether there is a fault. This happened to me immediately after locking my car and walking away. A friend had parked next to me shortly after I had left the car and remained with it till I returned and time checks showed it could only have happened as I walked away.

• Like 2

Hi,

My brother had this happen a few times to his 2006 IS250 parked at home (keys not in pocket) and also when parked at work. 2nd Gen IS250's have the same long press unlock to open all windows active by default, disabled the option with Techstream and it hasn't done it since!

Still doesn't explain why it does it though.......

Andrew

• Like 1

I wonder if it could be caused by some sort of spurious radio signal received from the wider world - I guess it just has to be the correct frequency for a very short period - speculating that the long press on the key fob - which we know does it - actually causes a switch to a short burst of the correct frequency for opening the windows after a period of a few seconds? It does seem to be that often the behaviour is completely unexplained - when my IS250 did it I never thought that I had done anything to accidentally press the fob button. (Although I do know with other cars that crouching down to work on the wheels, for example, if I have the fob in my pocket the central locking will often lock and unlock almost randomly!)

Disabling the facility via Techstream of course switches the function off in the car, not in the key fob - so it is a permanent solution.

• Like 2

@Mr.Flo No idea about what's on amazon, mine came from eBay, however I've previously seen this one recomended as it says it works on 64 bit Windows.

They all claim to work on 64 bit Windows but I had to reinstall 32 bit Windows on a spare laptop to make mine work....

Andrew

• Like 1

On 2/17/2020 at 12:47 AM, Mr.Flo said:

Thank you so much guys , i have a look on Amazon for Techstream  but are lots of them ...any links for , i just don t want to get a wrong one , thank you again 

My wife got a Lexus Dealer to disable it.

Never happened again ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C Andrew Green said:

@Mr.Flo No idea about what's on Amazon, mine came from eBay, however I've previously seen this one recomended as it says it works on 64 bit Windows.

They all claim to work on 64 bit Windows but I had to reinstall 32 bit Windows on a spare laptop to make mine work....

Andrew

Thank you Andrew , i will order this one and will see what s happen 

Regards