Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Driving my GS during Storm Ciara (in London)

Hi gents,

It is a quick thread really: I just wanted to say how pleasantly surprised I was about my GS car when I drove it yesterday (Sunday 9th Feb 20) day during such strong wind, I hardly felt anything when I drove my car in London. It was like completely tranquility inside whilst raging wind blowing its hardest. I felt like I was in complete Zen mode! I surely did not expect that and thought of mentioning it in this thread. I could not say this about all my previous cars (and yes they were German cars)...

Has anyone, driving Lexus, experienced the same?

I drove down the M6 in my GS from Newcastle to Wirral on Saturday in strong winds which were preceeding Storm Ciara. It was particularly windy over Shap near Tebay services and the car performed serenely. Road and wind noise were subdued as usual.

Seems that we both made good choices for our cars, Nico.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nico72 said:

Hi gents,

It is a quick thread really: I just wanted to say how pleasantly surprised I was about my GS car when I drove it yesterday (Sunday 9th Feb 20) day during such strong wind, I hardly felt anything when I drove my car in London. It was like completely tranquility inside whilst raging wind blowing its hardest. I felt like I was in complete Zen mode! I surely did not expect that and thought of mentioning it in this thread. I could not say this about all my previous cars (and yes they were German cars)...

Has anyone, driving Lexus, experienced the same?

I've really noticed it but I've come from much smaller cars.

Had a Citreon Saxo 1l and a Rover 25 previous, which have relatively high sides and low weight.
By comparison I barely notice crosswinds, even on known spots in bad weather.

I do remember in the Citreon, I was doing about 80mph during a gale, hit the top of the hill where
it was exposed to cross-winds and bang, before I knew it I had switched lanes without turning the wheel. 
Scared the crap out of me!

2 hours ago, Steven Lockey said:

I've really noticed it but I've come from much smaller cars.

Had a Citreon Saxo 1l and a Rover 25 previous, which have relatively high sides and low weight.
By comparison I barely notice crosswinds, even on known spots in bad weather.

I do remember in the Citreon, I was doing about 80mph during a gale, hit the top of the hill where
it was exposed to cross-winds and bang, before I knew it I had switched lanes without turning the wheel. 
Scared the crap out of me!

Scary story of yours! Glad we are driving solid and well built Japanese cars.

My GS is very quiet overall. However I have noticed in certain windy conditions (depends on which direction I'm heading) there is a bit of minor wind noise creeping in on the drivers side somewhere. Usually at above 60mph. Have inspected the rubbers which seem to be okay. Is it worth removing and reinstalling the rubbers I wonder???

I had something similar in my last car.

Quite often the rubber of the window seal has perished a bit and when you are going above a certain speed, it forces a gap in it open creating the whistle. 

Try rubbing some vaseline into the inside of the window seals and seeing if it stops the whistle. If it does, thats your problem, you can either replace the seals or just
keep topping up the vaseline every 6 months or so.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links