Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner/member

Hello all, new owner of a 2017 Advance in sonic titanium with only 7000 miles on it coming from a BMW435i, first impressions are

Good

build quality, the ride is sublime (coming from a BMW with run flat tyres and 19 inch wheels it was always going to be better), economy which seems to average around 50mpg ( fuel economy was one of my reasons for changing), the comfort of the seats as  well as the quiet ride, lots of useful safety and comfort features and the dealer was very good 

not so good

the infotainment, I did have professional media in the BMW, I wasn’t looking for something better but mirror link is completely hit or miss, not having sat nav duplicating on the speedo is a bit annoying, the sound system isn’t what I would expect from a premium brand either, things like the kick plates on the sills could be a better quality as well, the service intervals only being 10000 miles.

overall very pleased up to now and the rarity of them ( compared to the German three) is another positive.

51 minutes ago, Derant said:

Hello all, new owner of a 2017 Advance in sonic titanium with only 7000 miles on it coming from a BMW435i, first impressions are

Good

build quality, the ride is sublime (coming from a BMW with run flat tyres and 19 inch wheels it was always going to be better), economy which seems to average around 50mpg ( fuel economy was one of my reasons for changing), the comfort of the seats as  well as the quiet ride, lots of useful safety and comfort features and the dealer was very good 

not so good

the infotainment, I did have professional media in the BMW, I wasn’t looking for something better but mirror link is completely hit or miss, not having sat nav duplicating on the speedo is a bit annoying, the sound system isn’t what I would expect from a premium brand either, things like the kick plates on the sills could be a better quality as well, the service intervals only being 10000 miles.

overall very pleased up to now and the rarity of them ( compared to the German three) is another positive.

Welcome Antony. So pleased you have left the dark side and found the light.

Under Good, I was surprised to note that you have omitted;

Indicators that work

Concern for other road users

Knowledge and practical displaying of Highway Code advices

I am sure that you will enjoy participating in the Forum and enjoying our pleasant banter ((lol). 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Derant said:

Where are these indicators you talk about?

since you've come from a Bmw here is a short SOP for using the indicators.

the stalk is located to the left of the steering wheel

move it upwards when turning RIGHT

and move it downwards when turning LEFT

if you notice a green light on the dashboard going on and then off this is normal

nothing to be concerned about no need to contact dealership. 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:52 PM, 200h said:

since you've come from a Bmw here is a short SOP for using the indicators.

the stalk is located to the left of the steering wheel

move it upwards when turning RIGHT

and move it downwards when turning LEFT

if you notice a green light on the dashboard going on and then off this is normal

nothing to be concerned about no need to contact dealership. 😀

...and also don't forget that a Lexus isn't designed to automatically veer into the rightmost lane of any multiple lane carriageway ;-)

2 hours ago, Nick W858 said:

the performance will be quite different from the 435

I fully agree with that, I did nearly 50000 miles in the BMW and the straight six engine is simply fantastic, however the ride was very hard, anyone in the passenger seat didn’t find it comfortable including myself. I have done that now though, I now want comfort, economy and reliability, the first two points have already been met so fingers crossed for the third as I expect to keep this car for a long time, still a bit disappointed with mirror link though.

still not sure about these so called indicator things though, I mean I covered nearly 50000 miles without them in the BMW, i take it Lexus don’t live permanently  in the outside lane?

On 2/13/2020 at 6:39 AM, Mincey said:

...and also don't forget that a Lexus isn't designed to automatically veer into the rightmost lane of any multiple lane carriageway 😉

i have found there are 40 right hand bends and 33 left hand bends on the nurburgring

this is probably the reason for BMW'S veering to the right hand lane

or maybe it the tracking set up from the factory