Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen washer capacity

Just a shout out there wondering how often people have to fill their windscreen washer reservoir (400h owner here)

Im doing it every damn week. None of my other previous cars (Hyundai, BMW, Nissan) needed such frequent top-ups. 

Is it because the spray emits more water than my older vehicles? 

If there's a leak, it's really not obvious; no puddles of water under the car etc

15 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Your Handbook knows the answer Simon.

I'm sure. And if I had the handbook then I might have read it.

But what gliderpilot said actually turned out to be quite useful.

Turns out one of my headlamp washers is broken and just squirting loads of water out every time it's used. Off to the scrap yard for me.

It still amazes me that it's even a feature. I managed to get through my entire driving life without need to clean my headlamps every time I clean my windscreen at night, but now apparently I do it permanently. 

• Like 1

I think the 400h comes with Xenons doesn't it? I was always under the impression that Xenons have to have a wash system. No idea why. Or that could be entirely incorrect.

Isn't it supposed to be every so many squirts that it does the headlights? Regardless of whether they're on or off? You might be able to download a manual from Lexus UK.

1 hour ago, Planner said:

I'm sure. And if I had the handbook then I might have read it.

But what gliderpilot said actually turned out to be quite useful.

Turns out one of my headlamp washers is broken and just squirting loads of water out every time it's used. Off to the scrap yard for me.

It still amazes me that it's even a feature. I managed to get through my entire driving life without need to clean my headlamps every time I clean my windscreen at night, but now apparently I do it permanently. 

Simon,Handbook should be available via the Lexus.co.uk website under "my lexus"

1 hour ago, rich1068 said:

Isn't it supposed to be every so many squirts that it does the headlights? Regardless of whether they're on or off?

Yes, only every x squirts for the headlamps but they only get washed when the headlights are on.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 3:10 PM, Gliderpilot said:

From memory my 400h wasn't 1 a week. but if you have the lights on it does wash the headlights too. I think it holds just short of a gallon (5L).

Except that a gallon is a lot less than 5 litres, and even more so in the U.S. sphere of influence (4.546 and 3.785 litres respectively).