Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Local Formula One Autocentre = Gitbags

Having owned my Celsior now for 14 years I took it the first time to a local chain MOT servicing place. The car passed with 2 advisories, Front brake flexi pipes cracked and crazed front discs ( this is after spending the 12 years before in Japan and having covered 62,000Kms).

For the next 13 MOTs at my local independent these items have never been mentioned and have never been replaced.

9 hours ago, doog442 said:

My IS200 had two sets of discs over 80,000 miles and ten years of its life. Are you sure it wasn't pads, even then a new set every service would be criminal unless you knock up mega miles.   

It was definitely discs - I was surprised that they needed to be changed so often, and blamed my driving style!  I also had the "we charged you for refilling your already brimming washer reservoir" a couple of times until I left a note in the car to say don't bother.

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of Lexus dealers being more reliable, I feel like you really need to be on top of them too because they also can take you for a ride. I've always used Lexus Woodford when my car was under 100k miles, after that I started doing all my work myself and started noticing things they had broken over the years while working on my car. Clips, tabs brackets broken etc. On one occasion it went to them for a airbag recall when I got my car back the centre console was scratched like crazy and the two side silver trims were badly scratched that the black plastic was showing through the silver. They did agree to replace the silver trims but i've since refinished the centre console. These are just small things ofcourse but surely we should expect much better from a dealer.

The worst experience with Lexus Woodford was when my brother took in his RX450h for a service part of his service plan. They advised that the rear OS shock was leaking and the brake discs were near minimum. So I told my brother not to get it done by them as the quote was too high and that I would do it for him. So I changed his discs and shocks and all was good. After about 8 months his next service was due part of his service plan and Lexus Woodford were telling him the exact same thing again. Discs and Shock need replacing, he was a little confused as this was done less than a year ago. They were insisting it's correct and needs changing. He was insisting it was done and that they inspect properly as this is cheating if they are going based on old information and have not checked it. And guess what? they checked it and said they were sorry it was a mistake. That really annoyed me as I would not have expected this from a dealer at all.

So what i'm saying is just because you go to the dealers, don't always expect them to be 100% truthful either :) 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links