Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS warning symbols - help please

I had this a while ago when alternator went. Had to clear, use a paper clip in pin 4 and opposite in obd . Turn ignition on and it goes through a sequence for about 5 secounds.

Then start car run for roughly same time. Remove clip start car and mine was cleared. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, madasahatter said:

I had this a while ago when alternator went. Had to clear, use a paper clip in pin 4 and opposite in obd . Turn ignition on and it goes through a sequence for about 5 secounds.

Then start car run for roughly same time. Remove clip start car and mine was cleared. 

Thank you 🙂 Ill give it a try

If that doesn't work it could be a problem with a wheel sensor as you've got ABS and traction control lights on. Possibly a damaged or clogged up reluctor wheel (that's the toothed wheel behind the hub) or the sensor which 'reads' the teeth on the wheel. If you can read the fault code (probably need Techstream) it should tell you which wheel it may be - or you may need to check them all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, johnatg said:

If that doesn't work it could be a problem with a wheel sensor as you've got ABS and traction control lights on. Possibly a damaged or clogged up reluctor wheel (that's the toothed wheel behind the hub) or the sensor which 'reads' the teeth on the wheel. If you can read the fault code (probably need Techstream) it should tell you which wheel it may be - or you may need to check them all.

Yeah the pin thing didnt work and I have booked my car in for 10th March at Lexus Glasgow

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it helps but I had this once and it turned out to be a low Battery issue, after a charge it went away and hasn't come back.

I did this after someone else on another forum mentioned how sensitive the system is on old or low batteries. My IS was sitting for a while getting little use.

Might be worth a try before you go

+1 on ensuring the Battery is 100% as if not then it can be the root cause ( for god knows why!) all sorts of seemingly unconnected weird and wonderful electrical problems, so as a virtual no cost first step I would fully charge the Battery and do a soft reset ( taking the Battery off to charge it will achieve this anyway) and take it from there.

Just had a thought and as you said it occurred in the snow and it's showing TRC lights and ABS it may have been triggered by the wheels turning out of sync ( wheels spinning in snow!) and upsetting the sensors for ABS/TRC, like I said, just a thought, so I would Deffo reset and take it from there, if there is a 'actual' physical fault in the car then  it will soon pop up again.