Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do you regret your UX?

Hi

My sister is considering the UX , she has test driven the car and likes it. She wanted to hear from owners on there thoughts of there UX. 

She is a single parent she  has one son ( hes 5) and she wont be having anymore kids. She has no dogs to worry about. Its just her and her son. Most of the time its just her in the car as she works nights. Shes a childrens nurse. I often pick my nephew up and drop him off to school. She said the car is the perfect size for her.

She wants to know the following.

1) do you find the seats comfortable?

2) is it quite like most lexus cars? I told her this can also depend on tyres

3) is there anything she should be aware of. 

And are you overall happy with your UX or do you regret getting it? 

I don't own a UX but I have had one as a loan car.

1.seating is a very personal thing. I suggest a long test drive is the answer and again the seats are different in different versions. For me the F sport seats would be a little firm(the version I have driven), but I am an old fogey😂

2. The car I drove was very quiet but tyres do make a big difference. 

3. Economy is very good. The engine is a new design I am told, and the car will run in eV mode at quite high speeds. 

The build quality seems to be of a very high standard in my opinion, and I am comparing it with my car which new is around twice the price of a UX. 

I had a UX as a loaner when my MY17  CT was being serviced at Lexus Cambridge. Certainly liked the car and will consider it as a replacement  for  the C T in the next few years. Found the UX to be quite, easy to drive and big enough boot space for me. Price is the issue as there are better priced SUV's out there that will possibly suit your sister's needs just as well. Best thing is a test drive.

I've never shown much interest in the UX but I just though i'd watch a video of it on youtube - according to one of the videos you can drive it upto 71mph on electric power - is it true - how does this tie up in real life?

I have a UX on loan at the moment.

It is very nice to drive and is very economical as has been said. I cannot confirm about the 70mph on battery only (downhill with throttle closed?) but it certainly appears to be on Battery for longer than our NX. 

It is quite small so this was the deciding factor for us going for the NX instead.

The seats seem OK but the model I have only has the manual adjusting seats with no lumbar adjustment.

BEWARE. Almost all UXs are 2WD (unlike the NX).

• Like 1

I have a UX Takumi and love it. I find it a lovely drive without any rolling in bends etc. Everything just feels solid.

I find the seats very comfortable but then they are the electric ones with lumbar support etc. The back seats don't have great legroom and the boot is small but both are fine with me as just my wife and myself will be in the car.

Can't say if it's like other Lexus cars as it's my first Lexus. Based on my experience to date it won't be my last!

2 hours ago, cruisermark said:

according to one of the videos you can drive it upto 71mph on electric power - is it true - how does this tie up in real life?

It will allow the engine to shut down and run just on electric up to 71 mph. That is different from driving up to 71 mph - you won't accelerate up to 71 mph on batteries alone.

On 2/13/2020 at 6:05 PM, Charlie Alder said:

I had a UX as a loaner when my MY17  CT was being serviced at Lexus Cambridge. Certainly liked the car and will consider it as a replacement  for  the C T in the next few years. Found the UX to be quite, easy to drive and big enough boot space for me. Price is the issue as there are better priced SUV's out there that will possibly suit your sister's needs just as well. Best thing is a test drive.

^^ Agree with this. I've had one as a loan car and it is a nice thing, albeit expensive especially in AWD form. Only thing I didn't really like was the plasticky door trims, which seem an odd thing to try and save money on as they are so noticeable.

One other thing to note. If easy access driven by height is important as it is for me, then you may be better off looking elsewhere. The seats are actually quite a lot lower than my NX, even set at maximum height, which made entry difficult for me. I wouldn't be able to downsize into one because of that.

I find it a difficult car to pigeonhole. It's smaller than than it looks, so boot space and rear legroom is somewhat restricted but this is not a disadvantage to me as its generally just myself, or wife and myself and/or grandchildren on board and I can still carry a Costco shop home with room to spare!

It doesn't ride or drive like a small hatchback, it feels more like a luxury car several classes larger & has a beautiful fluidity and agility which you will find hard to match elsewhere. It is expensive but there again it is a hybrid. The interior (we bought the Takumi model) is exquisite and unique and is typically Lexus. I was fully intending to buy the F Sport but my wife found the seats a little too firm for comfort.

Economy has varied between mid 40's on motorway trips, up to an average 55 on secondary road commuting and up to almost 60 during the summer months.

There have been a couple of annoying niggles but being one of the first to buy a new model always runs this risk. Nothing serious has occurred in nearly 12 months, as usual for a Lexus.

I suspect your sister will be very happy with one!

• Like 1

@Jenna

The only other thing I'd say is that discounts on the UX seem quite strong at the moment. For example, Lexus Cambridge are advertising new F-Sport with an almost £5k discount, so worth using that example if negotiating with a dealer local to you.

Auto trader UX Cambridge

34 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

@Jenna

The only other thing I'd say is that discounts on the UX seem quite strong at the moment. For example, Lexus Cambridge are advertising new F-Sport with an almost £5k discount, so worth using that example if negotiating with a dealer local to you.

Auto trader UX Cambridge

I agree. I’ve had good discounts offered through the What Car and Carwow services.  The latter is my favourite. We got great deals on a SEAT and Mercedes is the last three years. 

Might be worth seeing how much the all electric UX will go for, as if the government's policy is anything to go by now, hybrids will be obsolete too very soon! The resale value on an all-eletric car will be much higher I predict than the hybrid, and running costs will be much much lower! Also, the boot is going to be bigger in the electric UX too, and quite a bit faster at 7.5sec 0-60.

The Government's policy of banning the sale of hybrids as well as normal ICE only vehicles is daft. I understand the argument that lots of people buy a PHEV and then just use it in ICE mode to obtain the company car tax saving without the inconvenience. However, for private buyers, the hybrid has one big advantageous feature - it overcomes range anxiety which is one of the main deterrents to EV takeup.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1