Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto read out of SMS messages gone?

Gediredi

Hello all. 

I seem to remember that when my ES was new and I connected my phone on receipt of an SMS it would offer to read it / read it automatically. Lately and for a while now, and several phones l.ater, it does not. I can go into the menu and get it to do it manually ok. I get the drop down notification and nothing happens. Yes the option in the menu to read out messages is set to yes. All other functions work ok  I have just unpaired and reconnected the phone and it's still the same.

Is my recollection correct and if so any suggestions?

Maybe the Lexus has evolved to identify some of your acquaintances as dodgy and decided not to read their texts! I was going to adopt a kitten to surprise the wife, I'm so glad the car didn't read their text which was "Your new pussy is ready, we know not to tell your wife."

• Haha 1

My previous IS300h and my current GS are both flaky with this feature. I can go for months without any texts being read then suddenly it works without me doing anything to the phone or vehicle then will suddenly stop working again. My wife's Prius also doesn't work too well, although works more often than the Lexus system.

Seems Toyota have a real issue with this feature across all their vehicles/nav systems.

This features work relatively well on our RX and GS. The times that it hasn’t worked, the notification setting on the phone (settings/Bluetooth/the cars Bluetooth name) has been turned off for some reason. Possibly after an update. This is with an Iphone.