Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Alloy Corrosion

Hi,

I've had my RX300 for nearly a year now and have noticed some corrosion on my alloy wheels. It is particulary on the inner edge of the alloys and on both front wheels. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

I'll take a picture later this week and post it to this thread.

Cheers,

Andrew

I know there have been similar issues with the alloys on the IS200. It seems to be due to the fact the wheels aren't laquered at the back and the brake dust seems get under the rest of the laquer which causes the corrosion.

If your car is still under warranty, your dealer should be able to swap them/refurb them.

Yip - me to! 6 months old and kept pristine inside and out (bit of a thing for me). Cleaned them at the weekend before the Edinburgh meet and there they were - BLISTERS. AARRGGHH!

Never fear Lexus Edinburgh to the rescue. Spoke with Ian and without hesitation he offered to change them under warrantee.

Same basic problem as the IS wheels, too sharp an edge at the back, too thin Lacquer, water/brake dust/general gook under the coating and hey presto. :crybaby:

I must admit Steve I would insist on new, that said, Ian commented that refurbs were perhaps better as they could have a thicker coat of lacquer.

Lexus seem to get everything right bar alloys. :blink:

Hi

Same here, my old IS had its alloys changed 4 times! all under warranty.

My wifes MR2 is the same, must be a Toyota thing.

Seems to be as I noticed some blistering on my wife's car when cleaning on Sunday. I'll take it to Charing Cross and get it sorted under warranty

Hi

Same here, my old IS had its alloys changed 4 times! all under warranty.

My wifes MR2 is the same, must be a Toyota thing.

Don't know who Toyota use to supply their wheels but they should change.

Clean them every week and they pit and corrode on my old MR2s, Supra, IS200 and GS300. The polished ones on my 430 seem ok.

My wife had a company car Golf once with BBS alloys. Clean them once every few months and the dirt just wiped away and the wheels looked like new.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links