Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So what for the future?

The-Acre

If petrol and diesel are disappearing from our shores in due course, what will replace the term "petrol head"? Will it be electric head, hydrogen head, solar head, wind head?  Due to my age I'll continue to be a petrol head for the rest of my days, but I feel for future "heads"

Haven't yet worked out where all the wind turbines and solar farms will be to generate The electricity (I bought some shares in a solar farm coop about 6 years ago and the dividends are so good I've nearly got my original investment back, albeit it was only a couple of hundred quid). 

I was at South Gloucestershire Council Offices on Monday when a visitor arrived in an electric Citroën for a meeting. He was in a panic as he'd forgotten to charge his car and didn't have enough energy to go any further. Fortunately they had a charger suitable for him to use so he could get home at the end of the day. 

All their pool cars are electric and I visit there twice a week on average. Nearly every visit there are issues with staff members forgetting to charge the cars and the next user being inconvenienced. 

21st Century Problems eh🤣🤣

• Like 1

When we can only buy electric cars where do all these people who live down tiny roads full of terraced houses and are lucky if they can park just a bus ride away from their houses so cant plug their cars in and anyway the local scumbags will rip out all the plugs to entertain themselves on their way home. I cant see how we are ever going to do away with the internal combustion engine but it will have to be a hybrid car with what working technology we have today.

• Like 2

I read something last week about complaints that company fleet plug in hybrids weren't giving the massive mpg figures expected. This was put down to the drivers not being bothered to charge their company vehicles, as they didn't need to, and were just driving them around on the petrol engine all the time.

12 hours ago, Bluesman said:

When we can only buy electric cars

aha, you missed my post then about the Toyota Mirai new new hydrogen technology and London police having a fleet of these right now

Just waiting for BP, Shell, Esso etc to rollout hydrogen fuel points at all their stations within the next few years  ...  availability and instant refuelling ( like petrol ) across the nation, nay, the world

Maybe why these oil coys have been buying up more tiny petrol refuelling stations across the country with new cars going to be Hydrogen cell fuelled ...........  EV has probably had its day before it really started methinks  :yes:

I'll be a petrolhead for the rest of my driving days I'm sure ...............  they are limited just with effluxion of my time on this earth :wink3:

Malc

9 minutes ago, Malc said:

aha, you missed my post then about the Toyota Mirai new new hydrogen technology and London police having a fleet of these right now

Just waiting for BP, Shell, Esso etc to rollout hydrogen fuel points at all their stations within the next few years  ...  availability and instant refuelling ( like petrol ) across the nation, nay, the world

Maybe why these oil coys have been buying up more tiny petrol refuelling stations across the country with new cars going to be Hydrogen cell fuelled ...........  EV has probably had its day before it really started methinks  :yes:

I'll be a petrolhead for the rest of my driving days I'm sure ...............  they are limited just with effluxion of my time on this earth :wink3:

Malc

So what do we reckon the name will be when we're long gone, "hydrogen head"?

hahahahaha ..........., no, back to petrol methinks .....  but more efficient and toxic free burning, there's soooooo much oil out there still

just before I go I'm having mine suped up to 750 bhp like the one in the other post and become even more of a petrolhead  :thumbsup:

Malc

Interesting question.  Until they force a massive increase on fuel and tax i will keep with a ICE vechile as long as possible.  I have been in a few electric cars now and they are very souless.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malc said:

hahahahaha ..........., no, back to petrol methinks .....  but more efficient and toxic free burning, there's soooooo much oil out there still

just before I go I'm having mine suped up to 750 bhp like the one in the other post and become even more of a petrolhead  :thumbsup:

Malc

Good for you, we'll have a drag race one day.  And no, I don't mean dressing up!