Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone done a TPMS bypass on a GS300.  The ECU, coloured orange with ABS stamped on it, is in the passenger foot well with two plugs going in. Unplug the smaller one, the Blue is cut and spliced to the Green/Red and reconnected.

Was your TPMS giving you issues that prompted you to do this?

Every once in a while I get a ‘CHECK SYSTEM’ message for my TPMS, and over the past few years I’ve had every sensor replaced and I still infrequently get the message.

It always clears itself after a few miles so not the end of the world.

Was your TPMS faulty?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thought all cars regd after 2014 ?? had by MOT law to have functioning TPMS .....  so maybe on a 2005 car it's ok not to ?

OR is it one of those rules that if it has it, it has to function for the MOT ?

Malc

3 hours ago, Britprius said:

All cars after 2012 must have a TPMS fitted, but it is not part of the MOT till 2014 year cars.

Actually all new models had to have it from 2012, and then all cars from Nov 2014.

For the MOT, any vehicles registered 1 Jan 2012 onwards with TPMS, will have that system included in the test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LexIS200Sport said:

How do they test for the TPMS during the MOT?

They just make sure the TPMS warning lights comes on when the ignition is first turned on, and then the warning lights turn off to show there is no fault.

John.

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/14/2020 at 10:32 PM, 39buss said:

Anyone done a TPMS bypass on a GS300.  The ECU, coloured orange with ABS stamped on it, is in the passenger foot well with two plugs going in. Unplug the smaller one, the Blue is cut and spliced to the Green/Red and reconnected.

Would this eliminate the red triangle warning sign as well?