Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice for purchasing

hybridbatterysolutions

7 hours ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Being put off by the ride after coming from a 3GS is really saying something!!  😱😅

You have to remember Richard is also a 3GS driver at the moment.

John.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Britprius said:

You have to remember Richard is also a 3GS driver at the moment.

John.

My bad, John - poorly worded. Meant to express my surprise learning that the SC was that much stiffer than the 3GS, based on your experience comparing the two.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LexIS200Sport said:

My bad, John - poorly worded. Meant to express my surprise learning that the SC was that much stiffer than the 3GS, based on your experience comparing the two.

So much can depend on tyre choice but with standard suspension I wouldn't say the SC is stiffer than a GS430. If anything the SC rolls more than a GS hence the best upgrade for the SC is the MeisterR coilovers so that adjustments can be made to suit your driving style and preferences.

If you miss the acceleration of the GS450 then you could be on my expensive slippery slope. I doubt a 450 could show me any dust but it would be cheaper to jump straight to a 5.0 litre F with a sunroof. 🤣 

The SC was designed to be a relaxed tourer with a certain 'style' to sell well in the sunny states of the US but its heritage is in the Soarer, a proper grand tourer that I would place side by side with the LC500.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hybrid Battery Solutions, I sold my ‘08/74k Windsor Blue/Grey GS450h that I had bought in Feb2019 (after first speaking to you), late in Feb20.

Why? It was a superb, quality, car to drive AND the Tesla Model S-like mid-range acceleration convinced me I’d soon lose my License. 

Why? Too many other drivers wanted to use me as a rolling benchmark chassis (Bavarians with tiny appendages?). There’s nothing like the GS450h for speeedy-value-for-money. 

I bought in early January 2020 an ‘07/99k LS600h L RSR dark grey/white leather. Outstanding ride and comfort, huge acceleration - except that I love that it’s totally anonymous. What Bavarians? I replaced the 11years-old stiff Pirelli Zeros immediately with the same tyres, and the ride then manifestly improved. After a couple small body/interior issues, the best £10k I’ve ever spent.

My ‘03/(now 76.5k) SC430 in dark blue & white leather with bird’s eye maple wood cost me, privately, £6.2k in Feb18, with 72k & a full Lexus serv-history. It is a Grand Tourer par excellence, a Continent crosser. Yes the Torque takes a couple of seconds to appear, but then you’re driving a silent steam engine and 100+miles per hour are suddenly there, with lithe handling and Lincoln Town Car ride - without the mortgages required to own AND run VW Bentleys and Bavarian Rollers.

The front nearside brake calliper has just seized - the 1st fault since a TPMS and a blown brake light - in 2 years and c. 5k miles. Lexus parts are in lockdown so I have to make do with the LS600h L RSR to collect our meds. And an ‘09 Jazz with its watch-like i-Vtech jewel of a 60pmg engine.

Moral? Wait for a LFSH SC: DO NOT MESS WITH IT. 

Don’t buy from a dealer: they fettle these old cars like ancient nags.

And paying a bit more to a careful long-term owner IS worth it.

• 1 month later...

Ah thank you very much advice duly noted.

Ive had a couple of LS's here & tbh the cars are just superb, I only have 1 issue with them, the complexity of getting the hybrid Battery out to work on makes repairs unviable.

I might have something in the pipeline for a hybrid conditioner for them, its another project I've always put on the back burner.