Steaming Nigel

Parking Sensor Issue

I have a persistant issue with the parking sensors on my MY2018 Lexus NX where by an alarm comes up on the dash stating "Parking Assist Unavailable Clean Parking Sensors" no matter how much cleaning is done the alarm will not clear but will clear spontaniously after a period time, these are smart sensors. the issue has been occuring for over a year

Lexus have made 4 attempts to resolve the issue, resucuring the front number plate and making adjustments to the software, Lexus Cardiff have stated that they have seen the issue on other cars and applied a repair that they had used before but with no resolution. Lexus GB have said that they have identified a software issue with the parking sensor ECU and reflashed the ECU again with no resolution.

The appearance of the alarm cannot be predicted and it will stay up, disabling the parking sensors between 15 minutes and several days, it does however appear to be more common in damp weather and continues for a few day after being driven in the wet even if there is no further rain. Has anyone else had a similar experiance?

I also have a MY2018 NX and have had a similar issue on about 3 occasions. It's always been during wet weather however each time the problem has "cured" itself within a few minutes and so have never raised the matter with the dealer. 

No issues but the solution is on the ES forum as those cars have Sensor troubles.

Tel

Here is the thread from the ES forum. Looks like this is an issue across the range.

https://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/119836-parking-sensor-issue/

Famous last words, but I've only had this issue once, for about two minutes, one one of my NXs. Now it will happen next time I use the car, obviously!

I did have a very similar issue on my 2012 Honda Accord, and my 2015 CRV, but only in very heavy rain.

I've had this issue on my NX too with similar symptoms. So far 2 front parking sensors have been replaced under warranty, both in the grille. The dealer says it does register a fault in the ECU, so no arguments on the warranty replacement.

At the moment, I'm not certain if the new parking sensors are a permanent fix or a temporary one. I'm hoping it's a batch of faulty sensors so I won't see any future problems.

Yep, same issue here too, NX300h 2019 model which has probably shown this issue intermittently five or six times now, nothing I can do actually clears it, it seems to just go away and re-appear mainly if it rains. The car is in for a first service at Bolton Lexus this week, so it will be mentioned and I will ask them to check the car's error log for proof.

Good news so far on my replacement sensors, after the heavy rain at the weekend I've had no sign of issues with them this week. Let's hope it stays that way!

I did manage to get a quick video of the sensors going off with nothing in front of the car to show the dealer, but apart from showing them the problem they didn't really use it. It might help if your dealer tries to argue or doesn't find a fault though.

Had the same issue and had 2 drivers side replaced...now the other side is playing up. I think there must be faulty batch