Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

bit the bullet...

ok guys so in the morning I'm off to collect as 2005 rx300 se-l ice wood nav thing.  104k full lex service history,  mint condition and warranty, never failed an mot. all for 2800 which I personally think is a bargain. what you think?

couple of questions though,  it's the SE-L with sir suspension. do these always go wrong or only a few? is there a way to turn it off and just run it at normal height? I don't need it to move.

it has rear screens in the head tests. how do these work? where is the input and how do you hear it?

are these cars hands free?

I heard they ate non interference engines so if belt snaps there's no damage?

anything else I should be aware of?

The rear screens are linked to a DVD player under the driver's seat and there are aux connection in the driver's seat rear map pocket. Sound is via infra-red headphones. The systems isn't linked in any way to the front Nav screen or the audio system.

Hands-free may depend on the specific date of build as it got added in 2005.

Not 100% about the engine being non-interference. On other Toyota engines the addition of VVTi changed them from non-interference to interference. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FuntimePhil said:

thanks mate,  what is the aux connection for in drivers seat? wired headphones?

No, it's aux in - video and audio so you can use an external device rather than just the DVD player.

In theory these headphones should work but never tried them:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adjustable-Universal-Entertainment-Headphones-Listening-2-Pack-Folding-IR/dp/B016CV506O/ref=pd_sbs_107_t_2/261-7111074-5104725?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B016CV506O&pd_rd_r=5200ed01-0e0d-41c0-8574-2d0cb6fc48b8&pd_rd_w=ffIJF&pd_rd_wg=qg2cg&pf_rd_p=e44592b5-e56d-44c2-a4f9-dbdc09b29395&pf_rd_r=6F2XGF9PPG2QZCVKE8V0&refRID=6F2XGF9PPG2QZCVKE8V0&th=1

There should also be a remote control to control the DVD player and screens. These are a little harder to get hold of and you may need to find someone with a remote and use a universal learning remote.

TBH the system isn't great and is now 15 years old. A couple of iPads strapped to the seats would provide much more functionality.

• Like 1

thanks mate. quick one about the sat nav screen. is there a screen saver setting? I don't want to look at maps or trip info all the time but also don't want black screen. a clock or Lexus symbol would be perfect

On 2/15/2020 at 10:35 PM, ColinBarber said:

Not 100% about the engine being non-interference. On other Toyota engines the addition of VVTi changed them from non-interference to interference. 

Does anyone know for certain?

I am curious to know re: my 2004 RX300...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links