Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

So as much as I loved my LS and wafting to and from work in effortless comfort and speed was...relaxing, it was also very painful in the wallet - even with the LPG conversion.  If I hadn't bought it on a whim and not had to replace the Battery, starter motor, LPG reducer and all the other bits and pieces then I'd be a bit more reluctant to have seen it go.  I've since kept the eco-warriors happy and upset the potential taxi-drivers by buying a low(ish) mileage prius.  Saving just under £28 a month in VED and going nearly twice as far for the fuel means that I'm a lot less worried.  Most importantly though, the radio works.

IMG_20200120_122929.jpg

IMG_20200120_122854.jpg

IMG_20200120_122825.jpg

IMG_20200120_122648.jpg

IMG_20200120_122612.jpg

IMG_20200120_122542.jpg

IMG_20200120_122450.jpg

IMG_20200104_140741.jpg

IMG_20200104_140722.jpg

IMG_20200104_140705.jpg

IMG_20200104_140648.jpg

IMG_20200104_140626.jpg

IMG_20200104_140612.jpg

IMG_20200104_140637.jpg

• Like 1

sad to see her go, but I suppose never being able to supe her up to 750 BHP later on in life there never was much future for her ....  these modern cars eh !:wink3:

Malc

Though a Prius may not be an LS, from my expereince of being in Prius, it is not a bad little motor.

My missus has Mazda 2, does a million miles to the gallon, and we did look at Prius for her, but she was tempted by something a little smaller.

Looks like plenty of life in the 430 yet with 131K on clock, for someone else to help use up all that OPEC juice

43 minutes ago, Cotswold Pete said:

Though a Prius may not be an LS, from my expereince of being in Prius, it is not a bad little motor.

My missus has Mazda 2, does a million miles to the gallon, and we did look at Prius for her, but she was tempted by something a little smaller.

Looks like plenty of life in the 430 yet with 131K on clock, for someone else to help use up all that OPEC juice

My wife--Mrs Roy- is on her second Mazda 2 Pete after having a Yaris for 15 years(no problems). She thinks that the Yaris is the bees knees and I think she is right. It is both a great runabout and a long motorways car with a wonderful torque converter gearbox..

• Like 1

6 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

My wife--Mrs Roy- is on her second Mazda 2 Pete after having a Yaris for 15 years(no problems). She thinks that the Yaris is the bees knees and I think she is right. It is both a great runabout and a long motorways car with a wonderful torque converter gearbox..

Sorry, please substitute Mazda 2 for Yaris in second sentence..............Doh !

• Like 1

16 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Sorry, please substitute Mazda 2 for Yaris in second sentence..............Doh !

I thought so, other cars the wife tired were Vaux Astra, Corsa, a Yaris, and the Mazda was a good price (for two year old motor) so it won the day, and as you say a nice torquey box.

The only thing I find with the Mazda is rear seats not very comfortable (whenever testing a new car I always sit in the back to start with, you get a better feel IMHO for the car).  I also do not like all the light and gubbins on the dash, I prefer simple and less distractions while driving.

The DAB radio seems to be better than any I have met in just about any new(ish) car I have been in for hte last 3 or 4 years.

Still much as I like the fuel economy of the Mazda, it is still not a patch on my 20 year old LS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cotswold Pete said:

it is still not a patch on my 20 year old LS

our 4ltr limos are brilliant for fuel economy compared to anything similar on this planet :thumbsup:

did I mention sometime prior that I had a ride in a London Prius Taxi and woweeee was that a really comfortable ride in a limo interior, all leather, and very very comfy backseat experience

so much so that if ever i was tempted or forced to go without my Ls400 I would look to repeating the Prius experience ...........  I was very very impressed

Malc

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Malc said:

did I mention sometime prior that I had a ride in a London Prius Taxi and woweeee was that a really comfortable ride in a limo interior, all leather, and very very comfy backseat experience

There are films about that sort of thing on the internet...was there a camera!?

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links