Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top 3 things about your ISF

I'm getting itchy feet again (this happens every few years) and I've always wanted an ISF. I regret selling my IS200 many moons ago and I'm after something special.

I'm currently driving a GT86, so admittedly, I haven't strayed too far away from JDM greatness...

Please convince me* - what are your top 3 things you love about your ISF?

*Currently the exuberant VED makes me want to cry a little!

3 words to sum it up:

Performance 

Noise

Comfort

I could bang on about reliability, wolf in sheep's clothing looks, exclusivity, fun etc as well, but the 3 words above are my favourite 3 things about my F

• Like 1

I went from the ISF to the BRZ for a change after 3 years (I seem to only buy cars with three abbreviated letters 🙄), so can appreciate the characteristics each car can offer. 

1) Rarity. Felt special for this reason, I don't think I'd get the same feeling with the normal suspects from BMW etc.

2) Induction noise. Most owners change their exhaust to increase the acoustic thrills but the induction noise is also pretty good!

3) Power. The GT86/BRZ has wonderful handling and feel, better than the ISF in fact but.....the straight line speed and acceleration in the ISF is in a different league.

• Like 1

i am with @FTBBCVoodoo on this lol

my wife hates it, almost went into labour early in stock suspension

Therefore, its exclusive to me 

for some reason my son loves it (turns 2 soon) i.e he points to the isf everytime i take him out as opposed to the nx... may be colour plays a part in this.

i think you should test drive and asks yourself what you want from the car. If you are after a rare reliable v8 saloon then the isf is an excellent choice. 

i like my isf, though i do miss the lightweight manual turbo car in terms of fun and usable speed in the real world.

Barry

• Like 1

Exclusiveness

reliability 

feel good factor

ive had mine 5 years. I had the IS250-sel for 5 years prior, although totally different engines I’ve been driving the same car on the inside, I still look back n smile when I park her up, no body knows about them so a theft aspect is excellent, although old enough now to not warrant that issue, there really isn’t anything that I dislike about the car, daily at 30mph 👍🏻......mad half hour at 🤪🤪🤪mph and It’s still that inner child that grins......only 3 things missing I would of liked from my IS250 is illuminated door cills, amber 75mph and red 100mph dash illumination and air cooled front seats, other than that there still isn’t a car I’d change for.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

other than that there still isn’t a car I’d change for

Its the longest ive ever owned a car by a lot of years and im far from done with it, its exactly like you say what do you replace it with that is going to be as reliable with similar performance its the ultimate allrounder in my opinion.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

1. Exclusiveness

2. amber 75mph and red 100mph dash illumination

1. You just need to note... only people who know what they are appreciate it, the rest just thinks it is another IS220d. That is probably a good thing as it gets into classification of "sleeper".

2. I thought you can set them via menu satellite switch to illuminate at certain RPM/MPH, but perhaps not in IS-F... 

On my IS250 I had the same function button that I’ve got on my ISF but not as many options, I’m not aware of the option to have it installed via a software update, it’s a shame as the car can get away when cruising and not taking much notice, I loved the 250 as when at 75 the speedometer would illuminate in amber and red at 100. You could turn this function off BUT it definitely gives aid on motorway driving when not using cruise.....be interesting to know if any such update exists 

8 hours ago, NothernDan said:

A picture paints a thousand reasons;

IMG_20200201_221427.thumb.jpg.b071e5e57641ea1a6835a9a6ae1505de.jpg

You will never drive a more versatile car. That's all you need to know.

PS click on the image to see it in original uncompressed quality. 

Lol, love to see a clamper try his best! 😂......park anywhere for free 😉......can’t clamp and definitely can’t lift 😂🤣😂👍🏻

• Like 1

Aren't you all missing one important thing though?

Imagine. You're pootling along on one of Germany's Autobahns, minding your own business, a bit of soothing music coming through the stereo, your thoughts are on returning to your loved ones. The sun is out, the road is fairly clear. Progress can be made. Then suddenly, your rear view mirror is filled. It's Franz in his RS4 closely followed by Helmut in his C63 and Gunter in his M3, all separated by the thickness of a Rizla paper. Franz begins to flash his lights in an impatient attempt to get you to move out of his way.

"I'm not having that Fritz" you think and you push your right foot down. The speed climbs. 70, 80, 90. You reach a ton, but the train of shiessewagens is still right up your chuff. 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 - they're still there. Press a bit harder. 155, 156, you look in your mirror. The gap now appears to be growing. 160, you look behind again. Franz is beating his steering wheel and making obscene Germanic gestures as he, Helmut and Gunter begin to fade into the distance as their girly speed limiters put an end to their futile attempts to keep up. You look once more in your rear view mirror and say in a calm voice "That's for Dunkirk, Jerry"

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Imagine. You're pootling along on one of Germany's Autobahns, minding your own business, a bit of soothing music coming through the stereo, your thoughts are on returning to your loved ones. The sun is out, the road is fairly clear. Progress can be made. Then suddenly, your rear view mirror is filled. It's Franz in his RS4 closely followed by Helmut in his C63 and Gunter in his M3, all separated by the thickness of a Rizla paper. Franz begins to flash his lights in an impatient attempt to get you to move out of his way.

"I'm not having that Fritz" you think and you push your right foot down. The speed climbs. 70, 80, 90. You reach a ton, but the train of shiessewagens is still right up your chuff. 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 - they're still there. Press a bit harder. 155, 156, you look in your mirror. The gap now appears to be growing. 160, you look behind again. Franz is beating his steering wheel and making obscene Germanic gestures as he, Helmut and Gunter begin to fade into the distances as their girly speed limiters put an end to their futile attempts to keep up. You look once more in your rear view mirror and say in a calm voice "That's for Dunkirk, Jerry"

It doesn’t have to be the autobahn, could also be the A127 an M3 and me grinning as he was revving the nuts out of it (bird rotation of 180 degrees too) 😂.......a grin from me on his left.......and left behind he was 😂🤣😂.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mincey said:

"I'm not having that Fritz" you think and you push your right foot down. The speed climbs. 70, 80, 90. You reach a ton, but the train of shiessewagens is still right up your chuff. 110, 120, 130, 140, 150 - they're still there. Press a bit harder. 155, 156, you look in your mirror. The gap now appears to be growing. 160, you look behind again. Franz is beating his steering wheel and making obscene Germanic gestures as he, Helmut and Gunter begin to fade into the distance as their girly speed limiters put an end to their futile attempts to keep up. You look once more in your rear view mirror and say in a calm voice "That's for Dunkirk, Jerry"

A local in his M3 thought he could escape me on the Autobahn... He didn't 😎

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toothy said:

A local in his M3 thought he could escape me on the Autobahn... He didn't 😎

If I may digress slightly for a moment, in the late 90s, I went to the French GP at Magny Cours with a couple of mates. Both had TVR Griffiths. Much fun was had on the way down, and even more at the race track campsite, where many interested European petrolheads came to look at the strange British sports cars, and for the opportunity to sit behind the wheel and rev the burbling V8s, would gladly ply us with beers. The day after the race, we packed up and headed back to Dear Old Blighty. On one of the autoroutes, we were making steady progress when some buffoon in a Porsche 911 thought he fancied a go. The guy driving me backed out at 130 at which point the Beetle on Steroids slowly came past. My other friend in the second TVR decided that the UK's honour needed restoring and mashed his right foot into the carpet unleashing the full majestic force of the V8. The sound as he shot by, was rather special. It's a shame I could not have seen the look on the Porsche driver's face as he was forced to move over. Blackpool 1, Stuttgart 0.

Then there was the story from the next year's trip of a Mustang which tried to keep up disappearing in a cloud of smoke behind us....

• Like 1