Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Filter Housing / Assembly replacement

Diveboy

Traced a fuel leak to the fuel filter housing Lexus have quoted £400 for a new one which is just not worth it given other issues still to be resolved.
The part number I can find is 23930-26010 Denso. Is there a cheaper Toyota equivalent?

Its for a Lexus IS220d

The housing itself is fairly robust, so have you considering buying it second hand from someone who is breaking an IS220d?  I can't imagine they are in great demand, so there should be plenty available.

23930-26010 is already Toyota part, it is not Lexus specific. So probably 2.2l diesel Avensis/RAV4/Auris would have the same part. 

The only issue... when the part you looking for is worth £10 and the time for somebody to take it off the cars is 2 hours, then you usually you will get answer - "not available". Probably the only solution is to find open scrap yard where you can look for part yourself, but these are rare in UK and rarely have Lexus'es in them.

Try eBay for used parts maybe?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/153823330592

57 minutes ago, Diveboy said:

Yeah I think its down to having two inputs from the tank looking at it.

I think I've sourced one from Facebook looking for Lexus Breaking cheers for the advice.

Are you doing the change yourself? It is a pain of a job.

It took many hours of swearing and struggling to replace just my filter, so good luck to you when swapping yours :thumbs_up:

• 5 months later...