Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF headlight bulbs

Slightly boring but anyone know what bulbs are needed to replace the dipped beams on a 2008 ISF.

One of mine intermittently cuts out so need it replacing 

Check Halfrauds website but nothing obvious.

Did a search on this site and couldn't find anything obvious either 😞

Found these...  https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/osram-xenarc-night-breaker-laser-d4s-twin

Not sure if they have the power of a million candles and no idea if that's a good price.  Not bought a headlight bulb in years.

Gone are the times when you could buy a bulb from most places for under £15. 

I've heard really good things about the osram night breakers!

£40 cheaper from carparts4less (sister company of ECP)

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/osram-night-breaker-laser-d4s-xenon-single-box-48177223Z?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYfU4qTZ5wIVWODtCh16xAoCEAYYASABEgJ8oPD_BwE

• Like 1

As far as I am aware they are the same as the IS250 which are the d4s,you can get them slightly cheaper than the price quoted by power bulbs.Prices seem to differ depending on manufacturer and there are several variations of the same bulbs,having said that Osram are very good.You might also want to check your ballast as the fault could be with it rather than the bulb.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dman2004 said:

Gone are the times when you could buy a bulb from most places for under £15. 

I've heard really good things about the osram night breakers!

£40 cheaper from carparts4less (sister company of ECP)

https://www.carparts4less.co.uk/p/osram-night-breaker-laser-d4s-xenon-single-box-48177223Z?gclid=EAIaIQobChMImYfU4qTZ5wIVWODtCh16xAoCEAYYASABEgJ8oPD_BwE

Thanks bud.  Think the last time I bought a bulb was for my old Saxo VTR back in 1998 when I was 18 years old trying to make my headlights look like the HIDs on the old Police Omegas 😉

9 minutes ago, scudney said:

As far as I am aware they are the same as the IS250 which are the d4s,you can get them slightly cheaper than the price quoted by power bulbs.Prices seem to differ depending on manufacturer and there are several variations of the same bulbs,having said that Osram are very good.You might also want to check your ballast as the fault could be with it rather than the bulb.

Thanks buddy.  The ballasts are thankfully cheaper so will go bulbs 1st.  Worst case scenario I have new bulbs and have to replace ballast 🙂

To check wheather it's the ballast or bulb, you could have swapped NS with OS bulb to ensure its 'only' the bulb that's failed. See you have ordered replacement bulbs now so hopefully it is that, and do you intend changing both for new as I guess the ones in there are the same age?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Texas said:

To check wheather it's the ballast or bulb, you could have swapped NS with OS bulb to ensure its 'only' the bulb that's failed. See you have ordered replacement bulbs now so hopefully it is that, and do you intend changing both for new as I guess the ones in there are the same age?

I bought a pair.  The bulbs are almost 12 years old so probably needs a refresh now surely? 🙂  That's be justifying spending £100 on bulbs 😉

Found some Denso ballast units for £40 brand new so worst case scenario...  headlight refresh.  Again...  self justification here 🙂  It's nibbling away at the new car fund/keep the ISF and refresh the suspension fund though 😞

• Like 1

All, did mine just before Xmas. Mammoth task to get at them, lots of skinned knuckles and bad words while removing half of my engine bay. 

After plenty of research I opted for those shown below. Can't recall which bulbs I did now but this is what I went for in the end. Half the price lexus were wanting for the OEM equivalent and these are MUCH brighter. 

One set of D4S and one set of HB3 in the same colour/hue. 

Mine is a 2009 by the way. 

Screenshot_20200219_134937.thumb.jpg.1ef83467d050b6ed54a700460fcba91c.jpgScreenshot_20200219_134733.thumb.jpg.977bd637e1910231eec38d49f4d077e9.jpg

• Like 1