Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mark Levinson Radio 2006 needed. HELP!

TDP

Does anyone have a spare ML radio/CD/tape unit from 2004 onwards? I bought a GTA car kit for my 2006 SC and have found for some reason it has a pre 2004 radio in it which is not compatible with the GTA kit.

Thanks

Update following more late night research, it seems GTA are not correct in saying my radio is a pre 2004 but is in fact a 2006. Mabye the confusion is that the UK and European cars had a different set up to the US/Canadian SC's. Anyway for anyone thinking of buying a GTA car kit it will not fit the later head units with 6 and 20 pins connectors, if in doubt as to what yours is it only took me 15 minutes to get the unit out and look at the connections, only wish I'd done it before buying the kit which will now have to be sent back to Canada at my expense.

The differences between the US and Euro cars are quite subtle is it not possible to change/order a different wiring harness? I adapted the early US Beat-Sonic interface with only a little head scratching.

• Like 1

The problem is that the ports at the back of the radio/head unit differ between US and European units, the European ones don't have the additional CD port. I have contacted Grom, GTA and Beat Sonic and despite asking specifically for a European solution and telling them the port configuration all of them said their kits would fit and sent pictures which clearly showed they would not. GTA told me it was Lexus's fault for installing a non standard unit in my particular car!!  It's not such a problem if you are replacing the OEM ML unit but I had wanted to keep it. In their defense I guess the UK/European market is not their main focus given the relatively small number of cars sold here. 

So until I get round to replacing the entire system I'm going to put up with the standard set-up. IF everything worked first time I'd finish the car then get bored with having nothing to change so at least these problems have some upside.

I have a similar-ish problem with my system.  Because mine is a JDM import I can only tune to Radio 2, so I bought a device (which thankfully was cheap) to change the wave band.  I took the unit out to plug the device into the antenna socket only to find it doesn't have the socket like UK models have!