Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Extended warranty - yes or no?

Is it not the case that if you take a Lexus extended warranty you must do services at Lexus as well? This was my main reason not to re-new the warranty as I find service (Intermediate & Full) prices a bit high for what they are!

If the car is over 5 years old though you can move it to the Essentials servicing and this is OK for the Extended Warranty still, and Essentials servicing is quite a bit cheaper than the <5 year full Lexus services. I have just gone through this change when I renewed my service plan as Essentials servicing for the coming two years (which gives me 3 services in that time as I do 15K miles per annum) and also renewed the Extended Warranty at the same time for a further two years. This two year "package" (service plan paid monthly for two years and extended warranty paid monthly for one year but lasts for two years) also includes the Hybrid Health Check and guarantee every 10k miles, two MoTs, breakdown cover and a small discount on any other costs that fall outside the service plan or extended warranty. For my needs and how I use the car this "package" gives me what I feel is sensible value for money and peace of mind. Of course everyone's circumstances are different and so what is right for me may not be right for others.

• Like 1

As I understand it, you can buy a Lexus warranty (what they call 12/24 - 24 months cover but paid over first 12 months) any time up to the car being 10 years old from first reg and less than 140000 miles - so you could theoretically get covered up to the day before the car was 12 years old. Regardless of previous history or warranty purchase.

One of the terms is " To maintain the validity of the policy, the vehicle must be serviced at an official Lexus Centre in line with the manufacturers service schedule"

You can buy the Hybrid Health check separately any time up to 15 years old. (again, regardless of having had it before)

Why would you buy Lexus Roadside Assistance alone? It's " equivalent to the AA’s top level of cover for which they currently charge £135 per year"  AutoAid only costs £59.99 (that was a big jump from last year - hope they don't bump it up again by a large amount!)

• Like 1

Cheers John The only reason I asked about the roadside assistance is that I live in France most of the time and I actually had cause to use them. The service was amazing from a phone call to England I was transferred to Lyon and they had a mechanic round to my French residence, which is in the middle of nowhere,  within 45 minutes. All conversations were in English ( except the mechanic). Very impressive.

That sounds good! Lexus are undervaluing their service - you don't get European cover included in the AA standard (or even top rate) service, I think - don't you have to buy it separately (at vast expense from them)?

46 minutes ago, johnatg said:

That sounds good! Lexus are undervaluing their service - you don't get European cover included in the AA standard (or even top rate) service, I think - don't you have to buy it separately (at vast expense from them)?

John,

European cover is standard (max 90 days)

Nick, where is the middle of nowhere ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links