Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Your UX colour?

On 7/14/2020 at 8:29 PM, EvilRacer329 said:

I went for the grey - I'm actually not a huge fan of the black plastic wheel arches, but in the grey they blend in nicely as another texture. Shame, really, as I do love some of the bright colour options. Remember when body-coloured bumpers and arches used to be premium options and only the base-spec models had black plastic all over the place...?

Have to be honest though, it does look fantastic...

2020-07-07 6.16.15 pm.JPG

And I think I spot the bumper and side metallic pieces which set it off nicely.  The grey is the most universal colour, imo, and we’d have chosen it had our previous Volvo not been grey!

E9147638-8CA3-44A7-A2D1-FE874A5DF557.thumb.jpeg.ba21c9c75bd0d8d056887d822a5682ee.jpeg

Agreed - the black plastic bumpers and skirts are a little...drab imho. Glad I didn't have to tick that box myself, found out later that the demonstrator I was buying included the kit and it's a £1000 optional extra!

I'm looking at the Fsport but actually prefer the UX interior colours rather than black or white. Asked dealer about Ochre interior in an Fsport. Dealer says no can do.

Has anybody been able to Mix and Match colours like this?

1 hour ago, downsman said:

I'm looking at the Fsport but actually prefer the UX interior colours rather than black or white. Asked dealer about Ochre interior in an Fsport. Dealer says no can do.

Has anybody been able to Mix and Match colours like this?

When I enquired about non-brochure combinations on my two RCs I was met each time with the same, very polite but firm, No....

'tis a shame, for sure. I really like the light-grey/white interior on my partner's CR-Z. If buying brand-new I might've been tempted by the bright-red F-Sport interior just to add a little variety, but the red sticking and different textures add a little bit of visual interest at least.

I believe this is the graphite black - almost a lighter shade, if black can be said to have “shades”! You can see a regular black Toyota behind.

Hadn’t really thought about the wheel arch thing but I guess this works. 

E494D9DD-1452-4887-89B3-CAA49EFF733F.jpeg

This. After swearing never to buy another black car ever, ever again - they look fabulous when clean, but that lasts about 30 mins! 

My first Lexus and my first hybrid and so far I'm impressed. Having read the other comments here, I think the shadow chrome wheels and lower trim works well - it's 'subtle'. I think that the plastic wheel arch trim and lower door guards are not only practical, but give the car a slightly more 'streetwise' look. I'm not sure but if 'UX' = Urban Crossover then it is well-attired for surviving prams, shopping trollies and other car doors.

I test drove a blue UX with ivory trim and although as a package it was quite striking, the dealer also had a customer car in red (still with protective film on) in the car park. The F-Sport trim  and dark interior just worked for me and that was it.

Just completed my first decent motorway run and taking it up to the west coast of Scotland this week which will end up as a 1000 mile-round trip during which time I'm sure we'll become better-acquainted.....

IMG_2667.thumb.jpeg.b66e3f5b716b509630d8277283e2b37a.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chris Jackson said:

This. After swearing never to buy another black car ever, ever again - they look fabulous when clean, but that lasts about 30 mins! 

My first Lexus and my first hybrid and so far I'm impressed. Having read the other comments here, I think the shadow chrome wheels and lower trim works well - it's 'subtle'. I think that the plastic wheel arch trim and lower door guards are not only practical, but give the car a slightly more 'streetwise' look. I'm not sure but if 'UX' = Urban Crossover then it is well-attired for surviving prams, shopping trollies and other car doors.

I test drove a blue UX with ivory trim and although as a package it was quite striking, the dealer also had a customer car in red (still with protective film on) in the car park. The F-Sport trim  and dark interior just worked for me and that was it.

Just completed my first decent motorway run and taking it up to the west coast of Scotland this week which will end up as a 1000 mile-round trip during which time I'm sure we'll become better-acquainted.....

IMG_2667.thumb.jpeg.b66e3f5b716b509630d8277283e2b37a.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

I will look out for you Chris.I`m off to Cromarty via Glasgow.

• Thanks 1

Be aware that some of the coastal towns in Devon and Cornwall are very busy,  clearly destinations for those that would otherwise be going abroad but for Covid-19 restrictions. It would be interesting to know what your mpg works out to for the trip.

For sure - we're staying away from the hot-spots, we're not beach people - mostly sticking to isolated spots and going hiking. On my last run to visit parents in wales and back I averaged a genuine 56mpg across mixed B-roads and motorway driving over more than 300 miles. To say I was impressed would be an understatement.

• 2 months later...

Yeah, I found a couple examples online of white cars where someone had also painted the plastic arches, and it looked amazing. Cue Lexus launching a special edition next year with blue paint and blue wheel arches that looks amazing.

Still, I'm happy with my grey/black combo. 🙂

Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Have just seen a good offer to trade my CT for a UX . Any advice?    I do love the paint finish on the CT -it is a sparkly red- but its not available for the UX 

46 minutes ago, MrB said:

Have just seen a good offer to trade my CT for a UX . Any advice?    I do love the paint finish on the CT -it is a sparkly red- but its not available for the UX 

Gavin, you need to give us a lot more information if we are to advise you.

Spill the beans matey !

😄

Sorry, I misunderstood - I thought there was some specific advice you were after, or that you had some questions. If you like the car, grab it - it's a significant step up from your CT and I'm sure you'll enjoy it!

Nick

On 11/2/2020 at 5:05 PM, MrB said:

UX is Grey, black leather upholstery, Premium pack , what more is there to want to know?

You can’t go wrong with grey for resale, but only you know whether you’ll like it, or not.  The red on the UX, as you’ve doubtless seen, is a sold ‘racing red’ colour, like a classic Ferrari.  Nice, but not a universal choice.  They look nice in white too, imo, but it’s a super car and as said above is significantly better than a CT.  

17 hours ago, EvilRacer329 said:

Oh, that looks gorgeous. Subtle, but with a lovely touch of colour. I bet it sparkles in the sunlight!

Nick

It does sparkle, and I think looks classy.

DSC_0785.JPG

DSC_0787(1).JPG

• Like 1