Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is 220d stock head unit converted to touch screen satnav system

Ozzo

Hey! So i have a Lexus is 220d 2009. I have the stock audio system. The one without touch screen. When i was looking for Lexus for sale, there was not even one car with the touch screen. Could someone with any experience with Lexus audiosystems tell me if i can or cannot rip the old system out and replace it with the touch screen unit. And also please tell me if i need adapters, re wiring etc... 

Thank you - Ozzo

Hello Ozzo and welcome to the LOC.

From past experience Lexus tend to fit wiring looms and their associated connectors to fit the various options available and use whichever is needed for the fitted version.

The only 100% way to know for sure is to pull out the existing unit and check for unused plugs or get hold of the wiring diagrams to compare.

Furthermore chances are you will probably need more than just the audio system/stereo to get the sat nav to work properly.In other words make sure you buy it complete with the wiring loom etc