Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg in 2016 RX 450 H?

Just wondering what mpg owners of 2016 shape RX 450h’s are getting in their cars? I know officially it says 51 Mpg , but I imagine it’s in the 40s instead. I’m looking to get one this year.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi. I have averaged approx 34.5 over 3 years. I did mainly town driving and 5 long motorway trips per month.

Just traded in my RX Premier for a "Superman spec" F Sport Takumi and , the mpg seems to be the same.

• Like 1

In my 2014 450RX F - over 3000 miles in the last six months of mostly town driving I've achieved (a fairly careful) 30.2 mpg,   My only excuse is that they are nearly all journeys <5 miles, and I live at he bottom of a hill! - so every journey starts with an 'Up'!

7 minutes ago, Illogan said:

In my 2014 450RX F - over 3000 miles in the last six months of mostly town driving I've achieved (a fairly careful) 30.2 mpg,   My only excuse is that they are nearly all journeys <5 miles, and I live at he bottom of a hill! - so every journey starts with an 'Up'!

The gen 4 car is definitely better on fuel than the gen 3. My 2015 gen 3 averaged 33.6 mpg over 34000 miles 

On 2/21/2020 at 10:45 AM, ISJason said:

Just wondering what mpg owners of 2016 shape RX 450h’s are getting in their cars? I know officially it says 51 Mpg , but I imagine it’s in the 40s instead. I’m looking to get one this year.

The new WLTP mpg figure for the RX450h is 35.3, quite a jump down from 51. This new test system is much more real world, and beatable if you drive carefully.

What do you get in your 400h?

• Like 1

Hi. Thanks for the info. In the winter time I’m getting about 25 to 26 mpg ....in the good weather I’ve got 30 to 32 mpg on the motorway in my 400h

7 minutes ago, ISJason said:

Hi. Thanks for the info. In the winter time I’m getting about 25 to 26 mpg ....in the good weather I’ve got 30 to 32 mpg on the motorway in my 400h

I'd suggest you would get 2 to 3 mpg more in a series III and then 2 to 3 mpg more again for a series IV.

In real world driving it will range from 25-40mpg depending how gentle you are on the throttle once you drive it sensible your average 32-36 mpg looking ahead is your friend and don't worry about the in a hurry gang behind .

• Like 1