Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need help with revving my car is this sort of thing possible, I’m currently enquiring about a custom exhaust and I can’t test sounds unless I drive it which is very time consuming.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

With the hybrid system I don't think you can over ride this. If you are changing the exhaust for sound / power increase, not really the car for this. May be the 200t is more suitable.

No... 200t still sounds 💩 what you expect from 4 banger turbo? Below is like £2000 worth exhaust system... I might be spoiled with sounds of V6, but I just don't see how it is worth it?

Yes it made it to drone more - wow!

Actually, if look to below video then consider 300h sounds twice worse both before and after, then you can get a picture of what can be achieved.. sorry to disapoint.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

3 hours ago, Littorio said:

Interested to hear the sound of that exhaust and also the cost and is it a cat back/axle back or full system?

But if anyone changed their exhaust system and he is kind to share more details with us we will be pleased.☺️

Looks good, but I am very pessimistic about sound it makes... Sorry... 

In that sense you can look at the video I have posted with RC200t, so RC300h will sound quite similar, but maybe not as loud and you can't rev it from stand still, so I am not sure how to even show how it actually sounds.

On 6/8/2023 at 7:44 AM, aztec said:

maybe a video with sound results?

Looks fantastic but doubt about the sound cos its not V8.  

In previous life I had two Firebirds V6, spent lot of money on last one swop Borla system  to more aggressive one to get V8 burble and all that money just to the bin, bought V8 put old Borla and got a peace.)

17 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Looks good, but I am very pessimistic about sound it makes... Sorry... 

In that sense you can look at the video I have posted with RC200t, so RC300h will sound quite similar, but maybe not as loud and you can't rev it from stand still, so I am not sure how to even show how it actually sounds.

It is still an improve. Yes, I admit that it doesn t compare to a v6 or a v8

Well, I guess everyone has their own definition of what is a good sound. For me it is just loads of drone, quite similar noise to what you would get with rusted out hole in the exhaust - just nasty to be honest. Not that I am surprised at all... as this is not some sort of high-end system, but simple silencer delete in the rear. At the same time... it is a little bit pointless, even best system in the world would not help it - crap in = crap out. If engine exhaust doesn't sound good, then amplifying that noise just going to amplify nasty noise.

Now... it is fair to say the sound quality is horrible in the video (and by the way well done for finding it!), so it is hard to tell. And again, because you can't rev 300h that means it is hard to tell what it really sounds as car is basically driving away at low relatively low RPM. What I am trying to say - if the sound quality would be better, camera would be mounted on the rear bumper and the owner would pull 0-70MPH on motorway slip road... then maybe there is something that could be heard and isn't totally horrible, maybe this horrible noise is just what you get at 2500RPM and at 4000RMP it sounds semi-decent. But I would not call sound I have seen in video "good". 

• Like 3

Good as in better than the standard exhaust, yes it's not a straight 5, V8, 10 or 12 but look or listen to some of those hot hatches that can have in some cases decent sound.

As for not revving a 300h yes it can't be revved while in park or neutral but pulling away in normal, Sport or Sport+ I regularly hit 5500rpm and with the window open there is a slight bit of good exhaust noise but only just, it just needs an exhaust that can amplify that sound.  

Yeah... I think we can agree to disagree on that. I think the noise 300h makes is better left alone and not amplified, because in my opinion it is simply not nice, so I rather have not nice-quiet, than not nice-loud.

Granted - if you goal is to make quiet hybrid sound like "hot hatch", then you will successfully achieve it... but I still think all hot hatches sound horrible, so 300h will sound horrible as well... simply because most commonly hot hatches have L4 and that only has following options - quiet, drone or antisocial-rattle... and no point the sound they make is pleasant regardless of what exhaust they have.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Well, I guess everyone has their own definition of what is a good sound. For me it is just loads of drone, quite similar noise to what you would get with rusted out hole in the exhaust - just nasty to be honest. Not that I am surprised at all... as this is not some sort of high-end system, but simple silencer delete in the rear. At the same time... it is a little bit pointless, even best system in the world would not help it - crap in = crap out. If engine exhaust doesn't sound good, then amplifying that noise just going to amplify nasty noise.

Now... it is fair to say the sound quality is horrible in the video (and by the way well done for finding it!), so it is hard to tell. And again, because you can't rev 300h that means it is hard to tell what it really sounds as car is basically driving away at low relatively low RPM. What I am trying to say - if the sound quality would be better, camera would be mounted on the rear bumper and the owner would pull 0-70MPH on motorway slip road... then maybe there is something that could be heard and isn't totally horrible, maybe this horrible noise is just what you get at 2500RPM and at 4000RMP it sounds semi-decent. But I would not call sound I have seen in video "good". 

I personally love the two twin pipes and possible gona get it but sound expectation from CVT box  is nonsense 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andrey77 said:

I personally love the two twin pipes and possible gona get it but sound expectation from CVT box  is nonsense 

It does a great job at mimicking real gear shifts when in S mode

11 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

It does a great job at mimicking real gear shifts when in S mode

Completely agree with this - but what it has to do with the sound? 

7 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Completely agree with this - but what it has to do with the sound? 

Yes agree and also confused as what the gearbox has to do with the sound. 

15 hours ago, Littorio said:

Yes agree and also confused as what the gearbox has to do with the sound. 

in hybrid gearbox allow the engine to rev, so sport car and hybrid car are two sides like Earth and Space

If you all guys want sound  and power then sell RC and buy 911 manual and enjoy all in one. if I lucky to sell randomly bought RC I get back to 911 world, my heart is still there.