Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300 F Sp[ort road noise

Having recently purchased as NX300 F sport after having a number of RX's I find road noise to be ecessive.It has Kumho tyres on the front and Blue Earth E51 on the back. Is trhis normal.  Also the ride is extremely hard but perhaps this to be exoected. It is a 2016 model

Edited by David Hicks
Omitted to mention

Over a four month period I had two new RX450h - one an F-Sport, the other a 'normal' Sport model. The F-Sport was noticeably noisier, in fact, louder than my NX Luxury. The RX Sport was much quieter, and with a far more comfortable ride too.

My NX experience is the same. When I had an F-Sport for a couple of weeks, it had a hard ride and was relatively noisy. My NX Luxury is much quieter.

Why this should be the case I'm unsure. I guess tyres will be the biggest impact, but I can't help wondering whether there is something about the overall set-up which is having an impact. I'm not an engineer, so can't comment other than on my own experience.

As a related aside, I'm currently running Bridgestone Blizzak Winter tyres on my NX. These are noticeably quieter than the standard fit Yokohama BluEfficiency, so tyres would be my first port of call for your issue. Michelin Cross Climates may be the obvious choice based on other forum posts.

I agree the standard Yokohamas are more noisy than our winter tyres (Michelin Alpins).

When we got our NX, we test drove both the Takumi and the F-Sport variants and we felt the F-Sport suspension setup was not as comfortable. It seemed to "patter" on some road surfaces and was generally firmer.

I have a NX f-sport which I love.  However shortly after purchasing new I decided to ditch the Yokohamas for Michelin cross climates. Never looked back. What a difference. Full reboot costs around £500.  I personally dont find the ride too hard but then again I came to Lexus from Audi so harder suspension is not a surprise to me. It is better with the michelin.

We have exactly the same, a 2016NX FSport. The ride quality can definitely be improved.

- Make sure you put the tyre pressure to the recommended 32PSI, that made quite a big improvement to the harder ride.

- Secondly, and as stated many times in the forums, upgrade those rock hard Yokos to Michellin Cross Climates. We haven't done this yet, but we will at the next opportunity.

Those two things combined should give a much better and smoother ride I reckon you'll be happy with. Sadly our NX didn't come with AVS, but I've heard very mixed things about it, sometimes even harder, sometimes too soft and can't make its mind up...

The AVS was significantly revised in the Autumn of 2018 & now cycles 800 times per second as opposed to 260 previously.

When I drove out of my Dealership with my NX I really thought my tyre pressures were low as there was no bump thump.

The tyres were set @ 36psi & in Sport+ Mode the ride is more refined than normal F-Sport Systems @ 36psig.

Thanks to David I will now set the Tyres to 32 psi & reap the benefits of ride improvement.

Cannot believe my Dealer has twice set the Tyres to 36psig & I have accepted their setting.

Tel

Set my Yoko"s to 32psig & the ride has been totally transformed.

D-Mode is" soft" & Sport+ Mode is now the former D- Mode .

AVS really works.

Tel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1