Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B&M Quickshift Fitted.

franmac

Recieved the B&M quickshift lever from TDi this morning.

Opened box, looked really good, quality first class.

20 mins later had it fitted. Clear simple instuctions provided, had absolutely no issues fitting it.

Went for a short spin to check all was OK.

What a difference !!!!

Really really sporty feel to the box. And believe me the shift is MUCH shorter.

Very positive feel to the shift. and a huge improvement on the standard gearchange. Feels slightly notchy, and may take a bit of getting used to for some, but I love it. Only issue I have that maybe could be a little better is selecting reverse. Had to make more than 1 attempt on a few occasions but again I'm sure it's something that, when I get more used to it, I'll find easier.

When fitted it looks the very same as the standard lever.

Very happy with my latest mod and can highly recommend it if you like a sportier feel to your gearchange.

Many thanks to Mark at TDi, a very efficient and painless transaction.

franmac.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mean B & M quick shift :blink:

Thats a very good review, it has answered all my questions and worries which I thought the short shift kit would add to the already not so smooth gear change.

I remember a long time back when I had one fitted to my Golf GTi.

My main worry was the notchy gear change. This issue you have with reverse gear, do you think you will get used to it quickly or do you feel it will always be like that ?

Yes its B&M sorry folks.

I'm already getting used to it Steve ... had it out for a few more miles earlier this evening. Reverse is so close to first anyway that the quickshift seems to exagerate this even more. I'd say Mrs. franmac may have problems with it, as it does require a fair amount of force to engage it.

Driving it myself, it seems that if you are very "positive" with it, it works fantastically well. As thay say "he who hesitates is lost" and thats what it feels like. The faster you go for the next gear the better it all seems to work. Which i presume is exactly what its designed to be like !!!

The more I drive it, and get used to it the more comfortable I am with it.

hope this helps.

franmac.

that sound good to me, just cant wait to get the car back now to try it out.... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

i'll test drive it for you today :whistling:

You going to TDI today Dave? what you having done now? :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

that sound good to me, just cant wait to get the car back now to try it out.... :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

i'll test drive it for you today :whistling:

You going to TDI today Dave? what you having done now? :whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling::whistling:

DBA front discs,quick shift,TEIN Flex,braided fuel line :whistling:

DBA front discs,quick shift,TEIN Flex,braided fuel line  :whistling:

:offtopic: Nice...........you going later on or you already been Dave? if you going later on, can you find out how far my from all finish please, i hope it will be all done before Gaydon.... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

DBA front discs,quick shift,TEIN Flex,braided fuel line  :whistling:

:offtopic: Nice...........you going later on or you already been Dave? if you going later on, can you find out how far my from all finish please, i hope it will be all done before Gaydon.... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Going after work...........

hope to be there 3.45 ish..............

Gaydon......................2005 ? :lol::lol::lol:

the normal knob fits (maz..........yours is painted rage ??)

The length is really short in that the knob & gaiter are as one if you know what I mean.

The change is really short & snappy

Also learnt of Maz's secret mods :whistling:

On completion date Maz.............Not sure Racelogic & secret mod to be done...........I gave Mark a nuttals minto for mine to be done ASAP :whistling:

I reckon you will be posing @ Gaydon tho !

the normal knob fits (maz..........yours is painted rage ??)

The length is really short in that the knob & gaiter are as one if you know what I mean.

The change is really short & snappy

Also learnt of Maz's secret mods :whistling:

On completion date Maz.............Not sure Racelogic & secret mod to be done...........I gave Mark a nuttals minto for mine to be done ASAP :whistling:

I reckon you will be posing @ Gaydon tho !

Thank Dave......... :) :) :) :)

BUT WHAT SECRET MODS???? :blink::yawn: :o :huh:

The peugot 205 turbo diesel motor  :whistling:

didnt know u were going for the s/c upgrade & FCON S  :whistling:

OH the Uprated Intercooler, fuel line upgrade, TDI induction kit, stage 1 puelly, uprated clutch and flywheel and the Fcon S? sorry Dave, i though i mention those before, hehehe :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

[stage 1 puelly, uprated clutch and flywheel and the Fcon S? sorry Dave, i though i mention those before, hehehe  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

you mean the one that TTE highly recommend against as there is a great increase in possible engine damage? :excl::excl:

you mean the one that TTE highly recommend against as there is a great increase in possible engine damage? :excl::excl:

Please let us have evidence to substantiate your comments Fluffy.

I have never seen or heard of engine damage resulting from our stage 1 upgrade, and do not expect to because the pressures and temperatures are well within the acceptable design limitations when installed as the correct package.

you mean the one that TTE highly recommend against as there is a great increase in  possible engine damage? :excl:  :excl:

Please let us have evidence to substantiate your comments Fluffy.

I have never seen or heard of engine damage resulting from our stage 1 upgrade, and do not expect to because the pressures and temperatures are well within the acceptable design limitations when installed as the correct package.

I think what Rob is saying is based around conversations with the Senior Engineers at TTE who developed the supercharger for the IS200. Myself and the other guys had an opportunity to have a chat with several of them last week about possible upgrades to the S/C (Intercooler, pulley, fuelling, ecu etc etc), and they highly reccomended (again) that we do not touch it due to the potentially detremental implications it could have on the engine...

I'm not saying who's right or wrong (I don't have the technaical knowledge) - just sharing information. :)