Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

B&M Quickshift Fitted.

franmac

thats what i was thinking  ;)

That what I thought you were thinking - but you're wrong - as per usual and you don't seem to have learned any lessons.

Me thinks there may be one or two none LOC members with this upgrade............................or some secret squirrels :ph34r:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any pictures of a fitted quickshift? 2 full pages of thread and no pics? Seems that a QS doesn't exist :P  :shutit:

I've seen one...........will collect mine tomorrow & post a piccy........

just a lot shorter...................the action is very direct as well

see it in the flesh at gaydon............Maz and my stubby knobs will be on display :blush:

Is Maz's in there at the moment Having Stage 2?

Thats 2 then :P

My is only Stage 1 Simon, correct me if im wrong..here the mods......

TTE SC/TDI induction kit, Uprated Intercooler, Uprated fuel line, Stage 1 pulley, HKS Fcon S, De-catting the 2 pre-cat.... :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Dave... Can I feel you Knob at gaydon :hehe: Gear KNob that is... Judy will be around..

:crying::crying:

No worries...........dependong on location may be able to let you drive round the site to see how it feels (my knob !) slowly of course !

Going to be on topic and semi on topic here.

1 - bought the quick**** today, will post pics later

2 - got the TDi Stage 1, done about 12K miles on it without problem - other than wrecking the clutch and manifold bolts coming loose once (fixed by TDi for free)

There is a TDi stage 1 in the dominican republic I think (can't remember 100% if thats where the guy was from but think so).

Just Finished fitting my one!! (Yes I know its late, but I'm about to fly off to Africa soon!! :P )

Had a quick spin around the block and loved it! It won't solve your gear box problems (1st - 2nd gear). But those who want a gear change that fits the IS (I agree wit Mark, the IS gear change is under average for the car it is) this helps it ALOT!!

... What next? New light weight Flywheel, and that will make it spot on!!

P.S. Mark did you get told about my credit card! hehe!! :lol:! hehe!! :lol:

Update:

Only got 24hrs to drive my car, before I go away for a week!

First time since fitting that I've had a good long drive in it. Bloody hell I Love it!!!

Fitting instructions come with it, and trust me if I can fit it so can you!!! :P

Last comment I said it won't help the gear problem, but now I can't really feel it changing from 1st-2nd (notchy). If any of you have any doubt in buying one.... Get one before they've all gone!!

Got a couple of PM's asking what it feels like..umm.. You know what you think driving a rally car would feel like... Thats it! Short sharp movements, though you may need a bit of extra time in the gym to get in reverse!! :lol:

I've only driven my car for about an hour with it on but its great, shift is much, much better. Reverse is a bit of an adventure and my girlfriend can't drive it anymore (another plus this one). Fitting is really easy, took about 30 minutes total, limited tools required (10mm hex, 4mm allen key), instructions are easy to follow. Ignore the bit on the box that says 2000 and up for the fitting, it fits 1999 as well so I'd guess it would fit all years and Altezza too.

Going to be on topic and semi on topic here.

1 - bought the quick**** today, will post pics later

2 - got the TDi Stage 1, done about 12K miles on it without problem - other than wrecking the clutch and manifold bolts coming loose once (fixed by TDi for free)

There is a TDi stage 1 in the dominican republic I think (can't remember 100% if thats where the guy was from but think so).

Dark did you have all the stage 1 upgrade on your car? how much Bhp you get then matey?

wonder how much Bhp my will have....here the engine mods on my...

TTE SC, TDI induction kit with carbon air box, Uprated Intercooler, Uprated fuel line, Stage 1 pulley, HKS Fcon S, De-catting the 2 pre-cat, HKS spark plugs, HKS Hiper Muffler

Recieved and fitted my quick shift today. Cheers Mark. I've just been round the block. The "throw" is much much shorter. HOW THE HELL DO YOU FIND REVERSE THOUGH. :P What an adventure that is, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. :D

Just got back from having my short knobby thing fitted.

Verdict wicked.

You will be able to spot all quick shifters they will have well devepoed left arm muscles !!

little extra noise due to comparitive lack of insultaion but really positive

Just got back from having my short knobby thing fitted.

Verdict wicked.

You will be able to spot all quick shifters they will have well devepoed left arm muscles !!

the insulation on mine was the same, no extra noise at all - other than my screaming in pain while changing gear

So that's normal then? I was getting a little worried last night. That's what I thought it could be but wasn't sure. Thought I had done something wrong. :blush:

So that's normal then? I was getting a little worried last night. That's what I thought it could be but wasn't sure. Thought I had done something wrong. :blush:

Thats what Mark said & it makes sense.

Maybe not if it was noiseless & I'd then done 200 odd miles !

dont notice it so much from drivers seat tho