Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Towbar for NX300h

Hi

I am trying to get a  towbar fitted to my NX300h but having contacted several reputable suppliers / fitters so far none have a towbar to suitable. I have contacted my Lexus dealer and have had a quote for well over £1000 to supply and fit. I expected expensive but not that much!

I intend to pull a caravan so need appropriate electrics and preferably detachable.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:31 PM, JWK said:

Hi

I am trying to get a  towbar fitted to my NX300h but having contacted several reputable suppliers / fitters so far none have a towbar to suitable. I have contacted my Lexus dealer and have had a quote for well over £1000 to supply and fit. I expected expensive but not that much!

I intend to pull a caravan so need appropriate electrics and preferably detachable.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Hi John,

I am going through exactly the same problem. None of the major towbar manufacturers do a bar for the NX. Lexus Sheffield have quoted me £1031 for a detachable supply and fit but with 7 pin electrics, obviously 13pin will be slightly more.  They will supply Parts Only for £690 and for me to find some body to fit it but I understand the labour is quite high as they have to dismantle a lot of the car rear. Did find a company on the net in Shropshire, Telford Towbars who were listing the NX supply and fit for around £750 but have been too busy to take it any further. Holpe this helps.

Regards  Clive

6 hours ago, Clive M said:

Telford Towbars

Sure enough, Telford Towbars - online quote, removable towbar, fitted at your place (£30 - they must go nationwide?) with VAT £719.99

On line quote (Vehicle reg taken from an ad in Autotrader) Telford Towbar Quote for Lexus NX

Edited by Phil Catterall
typo
  • Like 1

Hi Clive 

Further to my post above I contacted Towbar Express this morning who fit towbars at customers homes. They fitted a detachable Witter towbar and 7 pin electrics on to my Skoda Octavia Scout 3 years ago at a cost of £402 (Cost now £537!). It was a good job. The firm tell me they will only fit towbars to the Lexus RX model and for the NX they suggest I contact Lexus. 

I'm hoping to buy a one year old NX once the lockdown ends and I need a towbar for carrying a bike rack. The Sheffield dealership is a distinct possibility for purchasing as I live in North Yorkshire, however at a cost of over £1000 to get the towbar fitted is making me think that the NX may not the car to go for.  As I ride a normal bike and also an e-bike on occasion, which is much heavier, using a roof mounted rack is not feasible due to the weight. 

The jury is out....

Good luck, Phil 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got a tow bar fitted on thursday. Called around to quite a few places and most recommended and installed Steinhof, which seems like the best non-lexus option

Went with Car City Care in north london for the install as they did it for just £500 which was quite a bit lower than the second cheapest. They even managed to keep my under run although they did have to make a cut.

Have yet to tow something with it but all looks like it's working well.

PXL_20210319_114554622.jpg

2021-03-19.jpeg

• Like 1

That's excellent at the price Erik. Luckily for me the NX I'm getting in a fotnight had a towbar fitted from new. It was looking like if I had to get one fitted it would have cost me around £1000. The places I enquired at in Yorkshire couldn't source a Lexus towbar it seemed.

All the best

Phil 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Worth checking if their is any additional Brexit duty / courier customs clearance costs for UK purchasers if anyone buys from this EU based company. The cost of the towbar is above the £135 import threshold. 

Regards

Phil 

On 5/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, Las Palmas said:

A hybrid is not really meant for pulling much more load than its own, but if legal and you do not mind the extra fuel and wear on the car:

https://etowbars.com/uk/Towbars/Lexus/NX

Not that expensive.

Lexus rate the towing capacity for an AWD NX at 1500kg. They wouldn’t say this if they weren’t really meant for towing

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links