Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

is300 urban mpg

lockhart leitch

Hi,new member toying with buying IS300.I bought a Nissan Leaf two years ago to do School and Nursery runs, all of my mileage is in the town and I do about 100 miles a week.The car has been great but living in a terraced house charging it has to be done on the public network and although this is free in Scotland it is a bit of a faff in winter with a ten minute walk to nearest charger.I would prefer to have a hybrid rather than diesel but wondered what my real world fuel  range would be in the Lexus ? I would also be able to use it for out of town runs so would enable me to sell my other car I use for these.

So should I go Lexus or diesel,cheers

My preference would not be diesel especially for lots of town stuff and potential DPF issues. I generally average around 55mpg when weather is warm and 45 when weather is cold but that is with a healthy mix of a road and motorway c75%. If I spend more time on town stuff particularly in colder weather I would say it's roughly 33 mpg for that kind of driving. Good luck with whatever decision you go with.

• Like 1

I would think that you should get a little better than 33mpg especially as hybrids like town driving. If consumption is important then have you considered a CT or a UX. 

I have had both as loan cars and both are very economical especially if your budget stretches to a UX. 

Good Luck in your quest 

• Like 1

On 25 February 2020 at 10:24 PM, olliesgrandad said:

I would think that you should get a little better than 33mpg especially as hybrids like town driving. If consumption is important then have you considered a CT or a UX. 

I have had both as loan cars and both are very economical especially if your budget stretches to a UX. 

Good Luck in your quest 

I thought that about town driving but the reality for me is that I only see the 45 to 55 mpg when I get a run on the a roads and motorways. Cold starts and short runs get the 33mpg I referred to at best. In those conditions though I doubt many diesels would fare much better.

11 minutes ago, Nick W858 said:

I thought that about town driving but the reality for me is that I only see the 45 to 55 mpg when I get a run on the a roads and motorways. Cold starts and short runs get the 33mpg I referred to at best. In those conditions though I doubt many diesels would fare much better.

Sure the diesels wouldn't fare much better. 

I do mixed town and rural and my last tankful my RX450h averaged 38.6mpg, so I would hope that the IS300h would do better in the winter . I'm sure my 2014 f sport version bettered 33mpg in town. I can't remember the figures but I'm sure I posted some on the IS part of the forum. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links