Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Warranty + MOT fail cover

richard-

Hi,

Can someone advise on the following.

My CT has failed its MOT on both The alloys being buckled (badly distorted). The car is serviced at Lexus/MOT’d regularly at Lexus as required.

I read that the warranty now MOT failures during MOT tests / just pay first £10. But it is not clear and there are no terms on what is covered. The price for 2 alloys is £850!

Can anyone help clarify please.

Thank you

• Like 1

Hi you are covered for the following item

1. Engine components
2. Clutch
3. Gearbox and manual transmission
4. Automatic transmission
5. Four wheel drive transmission
6. Rear axle
7. Propshaft
8. Suspension
9. Braking system
10. Turbocharger
11. Fuel system
12. Diesel injection systems 13. Electronic ignition
14. Electrics
15. Oil leaks
16. Cooling system 17. Steering
18. Air conditioning 19. Casings
20. Hybrid Battery

however you are not covered for 

Serviceable items
2. Drive belt adjustments
3. Brake and clutch
adjustments and
replacements due to wear
4. Glass replacements due to
breakages or impact
5. Lights, bulbs and headlight adjustment
6. Window and doorlock adjustments
7. Paintwork and bodywork 8. Battery (HV Battery on
Hybrids is covered)

Interior trim
10. Corrosion to the exhaust

11. Road wheels

Unfortunately road wheels are not covered but you may want to speak to lexus head office to ask them if they can help you out. 

Or get them repaired which is probably the best and cheapest option -I know you are in Leicester but' Reinventing the wheel in Tewkesbury' does  all the work for our local Lexus Dealer . They did a goodwill refurb paid for by Lexus on the Diamond cut wheels on my last RX450H

This is what they say about damaged wheels'  Wheel Straightening Service
Out of shape wheels will not only destroy your tyres but the vibrations can cause serious damage to both the steering and suspension components of your vehicle. In their worst form they will not hold air or lose air rapidly. We use safe and effective wheel straightening techniques to return misshapen wheels to a state that they can be successfully balanced, normally the same day.'

Thanks for the replies.

I have managed to get them to lower the price, is it worth asking them for the alloys to see if I can get them repaired or scrap them for some value. They are both buckled on the inside of the rims. 

I will also try and write to head office, as it seems the Lexus alloys bend pretty easy from research. I’m also based in Hampshire.

On 2/26/2020 at 9:35 AM, richard- said:

Hi,

Can someone advise on the following.

My CT has failed its MOT on both The alloys being buckled (badly distorted). The car is serviced at Lexus/MOT’d regularly at Lexus as required.

I read that the warranty now MOT failures during MOT tests / just pay first £10. But it is not clear and there are no terms on what is covered. The price for 2 alloys is £850!

Can anyone help clarify please.

Thank you

good con alloys with tyres on eBay .. hope this helps 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-Genuine-Lexus-CT-CT200H-17-Alloy-Wheels-Silver-Rim/283562166175

• Like 1