Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My old F type

41 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Wait until you try and sell your RCF!! 😂

Tell me about it, mine hasn't sold so I'm keeping it until the new Corvette C8 has been out a while. Haven't bothered to use the car much but today went for a blast and had a good race with a modified VXR I'd forgotten how much fun these cars can be.

Don't think there's much money about these days though, I've got part of my huge guitar collection up for sale, the really expensive ones sold in days (one a Playboy Strat sold in 4 hours) but the others in the £2-5K bracket are hanging about a bit.

Car wise I think PCP has had an effect on selling cars at a certain price point either that or RCF's are Sh*t secondhand wise

21 minutes ago, B1RMA said:

Tell me about it, mine hasn't sold so I'm keeping it until the new Corvette C8 has been out a while. Haven't bothered to use the car much but today went for a blast and had a good race with a modified VXR I'd forgotten how much fun these cars can be.

Don't think there's much money about these days though, I've got part of my huge guitar collection up for sale, the really expensive ones sold in days (one a Playboy Strat sold in 4 hours) but the others in the £2-5K bracket are hanging about a bit.

Car wise I think PCP has had an effect on selling cars at a certain price point either that or RCF's are Sh*t secondhand wise

Can I 'buy' the cheaper guitars off you on PCP? I'll take care of them and hand them back to you in 3 years 😀No strings attached.

14 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Can I 'buy' the cheaper guitars off you on PCP? I'll take care of them and hand them back to you in 3 years 😀No strings attached.

Very good, I like it.

But on the subject of trying to sell an RCF it has surprised me, and yet I have been wracking my brain cell thinking what in the £40K price range appeals to me and would be a decent reliable replacement and i honestly can't find one. Hopefully I will sell my modified Mini Clubvan at the week-end so have one less vehicle so I'll start to use the RCF more for the tip runs etc.

It seems to be harder to shift the more expensive cars. As a private seller we cant offer the finance deals that you can from a dealer. Anything under £15000 is a bit easier to move on. That's why I sold the F type to the trade.    

• Like 2

Considering the hefty discount I got on mine compared to what it was listed for I think they are an acquired taste but then again there are some m4s that have been up for sale since I started looking for a replacement for the xkr in October last year 

4 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Tell me about it, mine hasn't sold so I'm keeping it until the new Corvette C8 has been out a while. 

You better keep it listed from now then 🤣

Is strange it takes so long to move them on because curiously I looked at RCF’s for sale on the Lexus website today and there was a grand total of 2 !

Just one of those strange phenomenon I guess, as someone said to me the other day how can you get bored with a car you’ve only done a couple of thousand miles in. Time to get sensible me thinks

• Like 2