Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mot Passed!

Chef1969

2 hours ago, Chef1969 said:

My CT passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories. Just on 165K now, I had to tell you all how chuffed I am. 

Great news Peter.Congratulations.

24,000 average per year.That`s twice the miles of the average UK motorist.

What`ll you buy next ?

• Like 1

Hi John

Yes I do about 18-20K a year for work and the car was a company car before I purchased about 3 years ago now. As for what to buy next.. well I can't change for a while longer yet which will mean this CT will go over 200K and then lord knows what sort of value will be left in it. It  might be passed to a family member and they can just keep it till it goes no more..

I would have another CT or perhaps a IS 300H and if I could afford it a UX would be really nice having driven one as a courtesy car.. we will see !

cheers Pete  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chef1969 said:

Hi John

Yes I do about 18-20K a year for work and the car was a company car before I purchased about 3 years ago now. As for what to buy next.. well I can't change for a while longer yet which will mean this CT will go over 200K and then lord knows what sort of value will be left in it. It  might be passed to a family member and they can just keep it till it goes no more..

I would have another CT or perhaps a IS 300H and if I could afford it a UX would be really nice having driven one as a courtesy car.. we will see !

cheers Pete  

Thanks Peter.

Interestingly, I too bought my Company car when I retired 15 years ago now, and yesterday it passed its annual M.O.T. but with a number of advisories. None serious but all will require continued investment on my part.

My aggregate mileage is now 247,000 over its 17 years since first registration giving an average annual mileage of only 14,500 ,some way behind you. 

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the post and replies.  I am due an annual service on my 2013 CT200h anytime now.  Its a fee one along with the MOT but not at a Lexus or Toyota garage, but with 34,000 miles I am not expecting a problem.

However the books that came with the vehicle, many of them all pristine, did not include a service book, just seperate sheets from start to current of work done, MOT etc.  I was told that this model doesnt have a service book??  is that true?

Lectrolouis

1 hour ago, Lecrolouis said:

Thanks for the post and replies.  I am due an annual service on my 2013 CT200h anytime now.  Its a fee one along with the MOT but not at a Lexus or Toyota garage, but with 34,000 miles I am not expecting a problem.

However the books that came with the vehicle, many of them all pristine, did not include a service book, just seperate sheets from start to current of work done, MOT etc.  I was told that this model doesnt have a service book??  is that true?

Lectrolouis

My used 2014  Ct200h Advance came with a fully documented service book, so I would presume your 2013 should have one.

Thanks poundy.  First time i have bought a car where all is OK, except the service booklet. The Lexus book, quick tips etc are pristine, there doesn't seem to be room for another booklet. Sheets of paper only.

Well see what turns up at the due service and MOT.

• Like 1

Ours just passed the MOT. Was due in June but with the extension I didn't bother rushing to get it done. The car has done 2000 miles in 18 months and there was one advisory for a slightly binding service brake. 

Thanks Rich. I am wondering if I can get the schedule of what servicing is required at what mileage/time interval. I want to be informed before I see my garage chap for the MOT and service.

maybe it will be on here somewhere, I go looking.

2 minutes ago, Lecrolouis said:

Thanks Rich. I am wondering if I can get the schedule of what servicing is required at what mileage/time interval. I want to be informed before I see my garage chap for the MOT and service.

maybe it will be on here somewhere, I go looking.

Have a look  on the Lexus website, perhaps under"my lexus"

On 2/26/2020 at 8:02 PM, Chef1969 said:

My CT passed its MOT yesterday with no advisories. Just on 165K now, I had to tell you all how chuffed I am. 

Great news, another year of trouble free motoring.

On 11/5/2020 at 8:44 PM, royoftherovers said:

Have a look  on the Lexus website, perhaps under"my lexus"

Do this.....log into MY Lexus and enter int he details required.

This should get you a complete breakdown of all services, and other work, done by Lexus on your car.

I do this for any Lexus I am interested in buying.  SHows what has been done under warranty as well.

• Thanks 1