Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

"Famous" ISF for sale

One of the original IS Fs from the  Lexus GB Press Fleet has come up for sale. GU08VSN is a well known car, having appeared in numerous contemporary magazine road tests and on "Top Gear".

https://www.allwoodautos.co.uk/used-cars/lexus-is-f-5-0-4dr-acc-pcs-waltham-cross-202001166239446?at_source=autotrader&at_medium=mobile-web&at_campaign=website-visit&_ga=2.207004499.194449565.1582806587-1068503645.1549975096

With younger and lower mileage cars available for not much more £, it's a brave statement they make......"I'm sure this car won't be around for long". 😜. I'm sure they wouldn't want the buying public to know this has been a press car. Sure the motor can take it but the perception will be that it's had a hard early life.....

• Haha 1

I don't think the fact that it was a press car should really worry anyone. After all the journos would only use it in the way it was intended to be used and the only things that would suffer would be consumables like brakes and tyres. I had this car for four and a half years and it was no problem at all , never used any oil. I think the price is a bit ambitious though. It's more than I got for it on trade in  over 3 years ago.

Many years back Lexus Chester had the red press car in. They told me they were doing a massive job on it and changing lots of bits under warranty for the new owner. That seems like a good idea as reliability is a key factor in the ISF proposition. Maybe GU08VSN had similar treatment somewhere in the network?

• Like 1

Some press cars are just used for road testing, others on the track. Lexus will only replace what is needed.

Just about every GS F on the road was either a press car, demonstrator, or Toyota staff car - no one brought one at full price!

• Like 1

This was my car until Feb last year. I sold it to Lexus Swindon, I believe the dealership principle was driving it. It’s a fantastic car, don’t believe what you hear about press cars, it wore its miles extremely well and wanted for nothing. Total bargain at that price, lots of car for the money. It’s about as famous as they get as it’s the car Clarkson drove on Top Gear!

Ben

61B49B8A-E33D-4CD3-8003-7D52AC401209.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Well it seems to have sold or been moved on in the trade as not there anymore.

I would imagine for every buyer who wouldn't buy a press car for any supposed issues there is a buyer who craves the story telling it might offer.

1 hour ago, gb1600e said:

Well it seems to have sold or been moved on in the trade as not there anymore.

I would imagine for every buyer who wouldn't buy a press car for any supposed issues there is a buyer who craves the story telling it might offer.

Maybe it's just self isolating for 14 days? 😜

• Haha 1