Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Ls460 owner, few questions.

Hi all, I just purchased a 57 plate LS460 L yesterday, one owner full lexus history car. Before I purchased it the Battery had to be changed, once changed the PCS warning light stays illuminated, does this just need resetting? Also the car has RCA inputs in the centre armrest instead of aux input, does anyone know of a way to set up a Bluetooth receiver to stream music etc? 

Many thanks

Toby 

Screenshot_20200225_183417_uk.co.autotrader.androidconsumersearch.jpg

Welcome Toby.
Take it back to the Dealer you bought it from and tell him to fix it. Do not attempt any rectification yourself or permit anyone else to do so.

I agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A car with that reg was offered for sale in 2008 by Lexus Bolton:

Model         Lexus LS 460 4.6 SE-L 4-Door Saloon
        Registration         GV57MXL
Date         Oct 2007 (57)
    Mileage         10,052
     Colour         Cadoxton Slate
    Interior         black leather
    Transmission         Automatic
    Fuel         Petrol
   Price         £43,990

I'm not certain that the car in the picture is Cadoxton Slate.  Perhaps you should also check the VIN against the log book?

The car is Cadoxton Slate. The car had a private plate shortly after sale. I will return and speak to the dealer, the issue is strange, the PCS, LKA and cruise all are inoperable so I imagine the problem is linked. I scanned with OBD2 software but it says there are no faults stored. 

18 minutes ago, Cazsquatch said:

The car is Cadoxton Slate. The car had a private plate shortly after sale. I will return and speak to the dealer, the issue is strange, the PCS, LKA and cruise all are inoperable so I imagine the problem is linked. I scanned with OBD2 software but it says there are no faults stored. 

Care to name the Dealer Toby ?

Hi Toby,

Thats the colour of my IS250...small world!

I’ve decided to make what will be a long journey next week to look at two examples that I’ve found, both of which are contenders but are also ‘top dollar’. I hope that I will find what I’ve been searching for as the words and  preview pictures are very encouraging.I will report back on my return, if you’re interested.

Meantime, I hope that you will get the PCS, LKA and cruise malfunctions remedied soonest. Did they work ok and then go wonky or has the fault existed from when you bought it. Is the dealer a mainline franchisee or an ‘Indy’? Either way, I would have thought they’d want good rather than bad press out of your problem.

Enjoy your weekend.

PeteTP

On 3/6/2020 at 5:26 PM, Cazsquatch said:

OBD2 software won’t capture Lexus specific fault codes, those faults will need dealer software to read and resolve.

Jim

PS - fault is likely to be the Radar sensor as that is common to all those errors

2 hours ago, Happy Jim said:

fault is likely to be the Radar sensor

if that is the piece of kit at the front end of the bonnet area then a replacement is I think @£4,000 ....  or it was a coupe of years ago when my son-in-law was repairing / respraying a frontender on a Ls600 ................  total bill was @£7000 incl that radar sensor thingy

Malc

Update on my trip of over 4 hrs each way to view the two ‘over book price’ LSs. Shook hands paid the deposit on a deal to buy the slightly higher mileage one. Less than 24hrs later (via text not voice call👎👺) got right totally screwed around. Totally unprofessional behaviour so I pulled out immediately and thankfully got all my deposit back.

Not interested in travelling far to look at cars any more. I’ve had a sickener frankly☹️.

PeteTP

18 minutes ago, Cazsquatch said:

The strange thing is the park assist feature works and "self parks" absolutely fine. Does this feature not use the radar sensor? 

The radar only works on moving objects, and is very narrow range.  The car parks using the parking sensors, your preset target on the camera screen,  the wheel, brake and throttle positions, and a little sprinkle of magic.

: o )

4 hours ago, PeteTP said:

Update on my trip of over 4 hrs each way to view the two ‘over book price’ LSs. Shook hands paid the deposit on a deal to buy the slightly higher mileage one. Less than 24hrs later (via text not voice call👎👺) got right totally screwed around. Totally unprofessional behaviour so I pulled out immediately and thankfully got all my deposit back.

Not interested in travelling far to look at cars any more. I’ve had a sickener frankly☹️.

PeteTP

What a nightmare Pete

5 hours ago, PeteTP said:

PeteTP

Please name the Dealer Pete. We do not want unsuspecting Forum Members to fall foul of him.

5 hours ago, PeteTP said:

I’m still 🤢with envy for 460 owners. Hope you get it all sorted Toby as the test drive I had was really sublime.

🤞for a resolution PDQ.

PeteTP

Perhaps, I repeat Perhaps, this one in Gt Yarmouth may be of interest to you Pete.  Sounds Ok but after reading the various issues that one guy had with the 460 (ran into pages and pages) and that mention  of £4k for a part, I think I should not give any further consideration to that model.  Not a pipe dream, but I don't need a money pit, so best stick with my LS400.  Its the 7 year itch and a leaky Sun roof thats made my mind wander to either a 430 or perhaps a 460.  Don't go there my brain keeps telling me.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXUS-LS-460-SE-L-F-S-H-JUST-VALETED-NEW-TYRES-ALL-ROUND-LONG-MOT/174215952378?hash=item28901477fa:g:b~QAAOSwIlBeZ6SF

4 minutes ago, PeteTP said:

Southwest Lexus, Yate, Bristol.

Thanks Pete.

Very interesting as I scrutinised their website last year and even commented on this Forum that they were using the Lexus name to suggest (falsely, I might add) that they were in some way associated with the Lexus UK Organisation.

I emailed Lexus Customer Services to essentially complain about their use of the Lexus name and Brand ,but they were not interested--much to my surprise. I think that the emailer to me was too dumb to realise that possible infringements on things like copyright were at stake.

My scrutiny of Lexus SouthWest website revealed to me that their references were questionable, their Warranties were non-existent and they were ignorant or perhaps were not interested in their legal responsibilites as a seller of vehicles.

It is an organisation which along with Stellar of Bolton (formerly Mosesgate ) purports to project an image which is Lexuslike whereas they have no connection with Lexus UK

It would be helpful to me at least if you could share the details of their "unprofessional behaviour".You can PM me if you do not wish to go public.

Hello there,

Frankly the simplest and certainly best course of action is for everyone, especially those of us who are aficionados here in the LOC, to mark Southwest Lexus as 

AVOID

PeteTP

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PeteTP said:

And Stellar still selling Lexus ...... 

Yes, I looked at their website again before replying to you Pete.

One of our Members bought an Ls430, from them last year.

One can do worse than asking one`s Lexus Dealer what they do with Lexus Cars that don`t meet their criteria.

I would also ask Lexusman 

https://forum.lexusownersclub.com/forums/lexusmans-car-sales.36/

for advice about locating a suitable vehicle.