Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it easy to update the Sat Nav on an IS250 2010 Reg?

Lots of places & roads etc must have changed in 10 years!

I bought my lovely car IS 250 2010 Reg around 3 years ago and I'm aiming to keep it for as long as I can. Only do a small mileage and it's currently got around 41,000 miles on the clock.

I usually have an annual service + an MOT with a private guy, but was wondering how much it would cost to update the Sat Nav - I assume it's an HDD version but where is the disk etc? Where's the best place to purchase an update & also how does one fit it?

If yours is a HDD grace note like mine,then sadly its main dealer only and is done via the usb so no disc,  and can cost anything from a hundred quid upwards 

Hi yes I agree with scudney for the grace note HDD; I asked when I had the airbag recall as this was the only time I have used the Lexus main dealer ( I carry out all my own servicing ) .They quoted £175 for doing the update while they had the car .I declined and bought a TOM TOM for my French holiday for a few pounds more with free updates

Dave

Thanks Dave & John.

I thought I might be able to do an update myself, but as I cannot even see the places where I need to unscrew the facia etc, I don't think it's worth it.

I put one of those magnets on the vents on the dashboard above the SatNav etc & stick an old Samsung S7 edge phone there with Googlemaps & it also a brilliant SatNav program called OsmAnd+. I even take it abroad & it's fantastic.

It's just such a shame that I can't have an up to date display on the Car SatNav. Never mind - c'est la vie I suppose!

2020-02-27 18.38.02.jpg

2020-02-27 18.34.14.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links