Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LHD RX450H - Lights adjustment for UK How to adjust?

Hello all, I am importing a 2010 Lexus RX450H and it's been MOTed and only passes as the are beam deflector stickers on the lights. 

I've heard differing stories about flat beams so the light should not be an issue for UK roads. BUT they are, as the MOT station checked them and had to fit beam deflector stickers to pass the MOT.

Does anyone know how to adjust the headlights to deflect the beam acceptable for UK roads?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

Unless the model,you imported has asymmetric headlights the MoT test station is ill informed.  My UK RX350 has " straight ahead" dipping as the main beam and dipped beams are derived from different light sources.  Thus when dipped the main beam is simply switched off temporarily.   It is possible that the AFS on your car is biassed towards the right in which case it would fail.  Solve this by turning off the AFS (hard to find button on the lover dash moulding - check handbook).  Otherwise I fear it would be expensive as the whole AFS system might need to be changed to bias it to the left for UK driving.

i don't use deflectors when in France and there is a posting about this on my posts including a letter form Lexus UK in both English and French which you can use if necessary.

suggest you go back to the MoT test station and explain the situation to them with the assistance of the letter from Lexus.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links