Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Lexus

On 3/2/2020 at 9:15 PM, sanjb said:

No they sent a community support officer who gave me a leaflet about alarms blah blah blah. Everything I had already ordered. They don’t care end of ,unless it’s one of their own!!

Having had three cars stolen (back in the 90's) only ever recovered one, the Police do seem to have other things to do, unless like me the recovered car had been used to ram-raid post office and then ram a police car.

Now get this, I was driving home Tuesday night about 10 o'clock and there were 5 police cars in the middle of the village.  I thought there had been some high speed chase or who knows what.  Turns out ONE drunken middle aged lady not wearing shoes was the problem.

I assume any other more serious crimes down the road were being ignored.  Not sure whether to cry or stop paying my taxes.

FIngers crossed for the return of your car.

• Confused 1

There's a story here about key cloning gang members being arrested

But I don't understand how the cars are stolen. Does anyone have any ideas? When they say "key cloning" I thought this could only be done if you actually have available the original key. But the number of thefts is so great that it seems unlikely that the thieves would have had access to the actual keys of the cars, made a transponder clone and then stolen the car later. Or maybe they did. Perhaps they took possession of the keys briefly in a car park, for example.

Anyone have any ideas on how these thefts were done? The newspaper report doesn't explain it clearly.

the criminals have devices that relay the signal coming from your key, to another piece of equipment they have in the car

once done, they can copy the code they relayed from your key into a blank key, and there you have it

hi tech thievery

Maybe that's what the police press office means when they talk about "key cloning". I understand how relaying the key signal works - I always turn off my key overnight so that my car can't be stolen like that.

I thought "key cloning" was like in this video

This allows you to actually make a new key from an original. That's what I thought cloning meant. Maybe the police mean "relaying" the signal, which isn't quite the same.

The story also talks about using a "skeleton key" to start the car. What's that about? That sounds like the cloned transponder. A skeleton key is usually a universal kind of key that can be used in any lock. But I don't understand how you can have a skeleton universal transponder. I hope someone can explain this.

I guess it's cloning in a temporary sense. Cloning the key temporarily onto a device in close proximity to the car.

I can see how they'd be confused!

So sorry for you. Beautiful car - love that colour.

I had my company car stolen a long time back. It was recovered, but it never felt the same after.

Unfortunately, Mr Brooksbank's comments (from earlier post) are spot on: liberals and so-called 'eco people' have killed this wonderful country. Morons - the lot of them.

<sips a bit more wine and calms down 😉>

On 3/2/2020 at 10:24 PM, JamesIS220 said:

Sorry to hear of your Lexus being stolen.

Hope the Police find it soon, undamaged!

Wonder if it was stolen to order? Used in thefts or accident damage and used to repair. Most likely on cloned plates, so no trace on ANPR cameras, as if cloned number plate of same make colour of car then looks legit!

Most UPVC doors are useless. BSI lock needed. Anti snap as you say etc. If patio doors laminated glass rather than toughened.

James.

My neighbours bungalow was raised while they were on holiday and I was minding it. They removed carpet gripper strip from a side gate despite turning on a security light, climbed over and smashed the glass in the conservatory door, then repeated on the dining room. 

Place ransacked leaving lights on and egress as entry. Neither the neighbours the other side or us heard all the noise. 

9 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Neither the neighbours the other side or us heard all the noise.

and if you had heard the noise, phoned the police immediately I wonder how soon they would have been able to appear ........................ ?

NOW in India, the usual methodology is for the locals to take hold of the miscreants, give them a good thrashing, then phone the police who then give them a good thrashing too, then take them to the prison cells and court later .  for a criminal conviction

Nothing but praise all round in the press and public for the thrashings :thumbsup:

Malc

• Like 1

I called the police immediately as it was 5.45am and the offenders had put on lights, I wasn't sure if they were still in there. The police wouldn't attend immediately as I couldn't say for sure they were inside. 

I did make a  formal complaint..... Call taker given advice 

6 hours ago, Malc said:

and if you had heard the noise, phoned the police immediately I wonder how soon they would have been able to appear ........................ ?

NOW in India, the usual methodology is for the locals to take hold of the miscreants, give them a good thrashing, then phone the police who then give them a good thrashing too, then take them to the prison cells and court later .  for a criminal conviction

Nothing but praise all round in the press and public for the thrashings :thumbsup:

Malc

What a wonderful system, I agree with that.

• Like 3

Easiest way to get the police round your house.....

Tell them you are being burgled/car being stolen.

Then tell them you have a gun and are just about to use it on the criminals.

Very quickly armed response will be there.....granted they will arrest you as well as the real criminals but at least you get a quick response

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Tell them you are being burgled/car being stolen.

I think the " car being stolen " is a no no for the police to attend ....................I imagine  they see it as a " no loss " crime, just the insurers paying-up and the police have much more important  issues to attend to in all fairness :unsure:

Malc

1 hour ago, Malc said:

I think the " car being stolen " is a no no for the police to attend ....................I imagine  they see it as a " no loss " crime, just the insurers paying-up and the police have much more important  issues to attend to in all fairness :unsure:

Malc

More important issues to attend in fairness? What's more important and to whom? I assure you it is a loss. Its a huge loss to the owner and its the public who picks up the tab when the costs are passed on. 

maybe so, but reality is such that in my own personal experience a few years ago when my car was vandalised to write-off and I believed i knew the culprit the police were just so so reluctant to even go interview that person,..............., certainly not even to visit me

It took them about 3 months to actually take it on board to visit the criminal, who had prior and actually is in prison right now for all sorts

Car crime is so low down on their agenda that it really doesn't feature at all as worthy of investigation

The insurers pick up the tab ..  it's a no cost / no loss to society crime to them I believe .... unless the insurance company itself instructs them and there's huge reluctance to do that for sure ....  the insurers want a quiet life and only pursue significant issues ..  and car loss just isn't one of those I fear

unfortunate and impossible as it may seem, that's the reality right now ( and back then )

Malc

21 hours ago, Malc said:

Malc

After a full term as a police officer I think that the policing in certain areas leaves much to be desired. Always any crime with a home Invasion especially a domestic burglary at night(to steal the transponder) immediately attracted a hefty prison sentence. This is not a victimless crime. 

Cheltenham race week night shift would involve recording the registration numbers of every car in every hotel and public car park resulting in recovery of quite a few stolen cars and cars used by travelling criminals and some very good arrests. 

Often these high performance stolen cars are used in serious crime by ruthless criminals. The trouble is the 'Snowflake' Police would rather prosecute 'Facebook' crime because its easy to get good detection rates and we all know that modern society loves a good graph or spreadsheet A lack of resources is trotted out as an excuse but the police deal with far less onerous tasks today than 40 or even 15 years ago. When did you last see a Blunkett Bobby on the beat. In my area probably not for at least 5 years, but you see them pretending to be real police in pairs in vehicles all the time..... 

Rant over.

🌼🌼🌼

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys just an update baby is gone but got paid from insurers already bought another one from Lexus Cheltenham. 2015 same colour leather pack (folding mirrors when you lock at last). They were supposed to clean a few bits up but actually ruined it more. waiting on reply from them. As have been quoted £600 for paint correction on the vehicle ironically at every point they were supposed to clean up.

Spoiler on already just waiting for some paintwork repair then ceramic again.

Waiting to find out whats happened to my infotainment system just gone blank.

But i am soooo happy to be in one again.

IMG_6236.jpg

IMG_6245.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

• Like 2

Beautiful car and what a pile of ******* u have been dealt, a great bit of kit is blackjack systems as it allows the thief to drive from ur home so basicaly no trouble there and then the car shuts down when it slows to a safe speed, myself i go old school, ram bars and thatcham steering locks