Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ML Audio - single or multi CD ?

I tried to find clarification on this one in the manual but can't seem to see anything ...

So, is the CD player in the ML Audio System a single or multi disc changer ? If it is multi, does it take 6 loaded at a time ?

Car is a last of the 3rd generation RX450h F sport registered 2015.

Thanks in advance.

Carl.

Do they not use the same player as in the GS as this is a 6 disc CD/DVD unit all built into the front unit. It would seem strange to make two different units, but I could be wrong. Simply offering another disc to the player would answer the question.

John.

6 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Do they not use the same player as in the GS as this is a 6 disc CD/DVD unit all built into the front unit. It would seem strange to make two different units,

They were 6-disc units pre-facelift, but post facelift the premium system changed to single disc with DAB radio.

7 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

They were 6-disc units pre-facelift, but post facelift the premium system changed to single disc with DAB radio.

Thanks for the update. It seems a retrograde step with DAB reception in this country being hit, and miss. Where I live there is no DAB reception. Do you know if the new player has the option to add a second 6 disc player as the version in my car does? giving a 12 disc choice or seven discs on the newer unit.

John.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Thanks for the update. It seems a retrograde step with DAB reception in this country being hit, and miss. Where I live there is no DAB reception. Do you know if the new player has the option to add a second 6 disc player as the version in my car does? giving a 12 disc choice or seven discs on the newer unit.

John.

Not 100% sure but I don't believe so. 2012+ is getting to the point where multi-disc wasn't really a thing, with most people wanting USB/iPod/Bluetooth for large music collections, the single slot multi-disc units have never been the most reliable of things, and the older cartridge systems take up too much space.

• Like 1

Only single disc in my 2015 450h Premier.  Strange this has come up as I recently pulled out of the boot of an old  5 series BMW a 6 stack holder and presume an amp and wondered whether it could somehow be incorporated into my ML system but probably too involved to be worth it.  Have quite a lot of my stuff on CD so maybe should transfer to stick.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:32 PM, Zotto said:

You can also read mp3 files writing them on a dvd, so you can have many cds on a single dvd.

Word of caution for this one - my 07 IS250 Multimedia has the ML (Pioneer) 6-disc DVD changer and it reads DVD video, CD audio & MP3 CD audio.  It doesn't read MP3 DVD discs, much to my dismay.  😢

• 4 weeks later...

For what it's worth,

My 2010 RX450H (Mk. 3? "Facelift"?) has an ML 6-CD player.  

You press "load" and after a couple of seconds an orange light appears next to the CD slot.  If there is no space, then the light does not appear.

Maybe it was an option?  After having an old GS300, I thought all Lexus would have a sunroof, but mine doesn't (I prefer it not to, I never used it, even if fitted, on any car I've had).  It's the nav system that frustrates me, click a button to show a numeric pad?  Really?  I could program a better user interface myself!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links