Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Too old for courtesy car!

OldTrout

My cousin's husband had an interesting experience when he took his 58 reg 65k miles IS250 for a service with Lexus dealer. They said their courtesy car insurance would not cover him as he is 90. The manager solved the problem by driving them to where they were going to go shopping. When they were finished shopping, they rang him and he came and picked them up.

He was not too old for them to suggest he might like to trade in the 250 for a new model.

John

• Like 2

Not the fault of the dealership. Their insurers set the criteria and many now penalise the over 75s and even refuse the over 90s.

The dealer did what he could and provided excellent service

• Like 2

I think this is more of a problem of who you insure with. I am over well over 70, and still pay a premium that perhaps most here do not get anywhere near. With retirement age now at 70 companies cannot call 75 old.

John.

Personally I think its more to do with risk and once you get to a certain age that risk is considered greater regardless,consequently younger and older drivers are considered higher risk🤔

My next-door neighbour is 91 and the best he could do was over £1,000 even though he's never had an accident or claimed on a policy.

The insurance companies price these things because they can.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2020 at 11:25 PM, Herbie said:

My next-door neighbour is 91 and the best he could do was over £1,000 even though he's never had an accident or claimed on a policy.

The insurance companies price these things because they can.

That is a shame

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links