Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

cheers peeps... I have decided to go stelth..lol will now be colour coding the eyelids and putting my mesh grill back on and colour coding that as well..now that my car is getting darker silver/grey alloys i am going to take of the bling..lol

Way to go Craig!

The chrome grille was good but the sport style grille and eyelids in my opinion is the biz.

I have ordered a grille and some eyelids from Alex.

Are you ready to declare your hand on your secret mod yet Steve ............ the suspense is painful.

I am going to acquire the prototype Alex is going to market.

If I remember correctly the sport grille will be priced at around £110incl postage to UK, far cheaper than an original sport grille for a pretty good replica in my opinion, although it may not include a badge.

Well just to let you know.. I removed the eyebrows using some 15lb sea fishing line.. i must say it worked very well using a sawing action... they are now primed and i am going to spray the top coat in a minute.. here they are primed ..

also regard no badge on the grille.. mine was a gold badge that was given to me and i took a hacksaw to it made it much slimmer then dont laugh...... i took it out to the carpark and stood on it face up and started skating...lol the roughness of the tarmac soon rubbed it down further..

post-51-1079194819.jpg

good old Halfords own.. i must adit that all there own brand aerosols seem to work really well and i am most impressed with the finish,, the laquer is very clear and drys silky smooth..

although i cant say the same about the holts mixed spray cans i got made up in my car colour.. the nozzles are crap and yoy do not get a unifor spray very hard to get an even coat and have to be carefull not to over do it..

craig

i tried to cheat and just laquer them

took it to the jet wash today and took all the laquer off

serves you right for cheating, taking short cuts and not doing it properly.

has the lesson been taught....................i doubt it :D

Because i was spraying mine dark green i got some Halfords grey plastic primer and gave it 2 coats then two coats of my colour and two coats of laquer.. might go for a third of laquer tommorow..

craig..

if its worth doing its worth doing properly.. even a bargain hunter will tell you that..