Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT200h 100k+ mileage.

VeniR

Hi there! My name is Michal I am a new user of this forum and i'm planning to buy a first Lexus. In the past i had only germans cars ( currently driving Golf Mk6 ) but already got bored of them. 
I've got some questions about overall usage and maintenances mentioned above CT200h.

Is anyone own CT200h with mileage more than 100k?
I'm really curious about batteries with that mileage is that something i should worry about? 
What would you recommend when having a viewing and a test drive with car?

My budget for that car is around 7k+/- i am not sure if i will find something interesting in this price. 

Thanks for any responds really appreciate that, and sorry for my English.

Have a nice evening 😉

• Like 1

Welcome Michael.

Be prepared to spend 9.5k

Buy from a Lexus dealer

You will get at least 12 months warranty

You can buy an Extended Warranty so long as car is less than 10 years old and has done less than 140,000 miles

Hybrid Battery is subject to warranty covering 15 years from date of first reg.

Have a look at used cars on lexus.co.uk

Good luck as they are wonderful and reliable cars.

• Like 2

Hi Michal and welcome to the forum 😄

My CT has done 165K now and I bought it with just over 100K so don't be worried about buying  high mileage. Look for full Lexus service history if you do buy a high miler as I did. 

My car has had the usual wear and tear issues that comes with mileage, but it has not gone wrong in 3 years of owner ship. As John has mentioned in his response the Battery is not a concern as they are covered by the warranty from Lexus from date of registration , you may struggle to find one for £7000 unless it is private sale and not from a dealer but you might drop lucky as they have been around since now since 2011. I wouldn't buy a Cat S or N either or any other written off then fixed vehicle   

I would strongly recommend you test drive a CT as they are different to your Golf and can take some getting used to with the CVT gearbox and so on but I love it !

Hope that helps you. 

Pete    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Chef1969 said:

Hi Michal and welcome to the forum 😄

My CT has done 165K now and I bought it with just over 100K so don't be worried about buying  high mileage. Look for full Lexus service history if you do buy a high miler as I did. 

My car has had the usual wear and tear issues that comes with mileage, but it has not gone wrong in 3 years of owner ship. As John has mentioned in his response the battery is not a concern as they are covered by the warranty from Lexus from date of registration , you may struggle to find one for £7000 unless it is private sale and not from a dealer but you might drop lucky as they have been around since now since 2011. I wouldn't buy a Cat S or N either or any other written off then fixed vehicle   

I would strongly recommend you test drive a CT as they are different to your Golf and can take some getting used to with the CVT gearbox and so on but I love it !

Hope that helps you. 

Pete    

Thanks for your answer. It was really helpful. I had already a test drive and that’s right was completely different but I am a city driver so already decided to swap my diesel for something more economic. 
I am ready to sacrifice more powerful car for economic Lexus especially for my city “city of roundabouts” 
I think I will get use to that gearbox. 
Just to double check so I don’t need to buy car straight from official dealer to be protected with warranty for 15 years since first registration right ? 

I saw some privates auctions around 90k mileage sometimes even less starts from 7k 

Another question how to recognise a Mark Levinson sound system in a car?

Thanks

9 hours ago, VeniR said:

Thanks for your answer. It was really helpful. I had already a test drive and that’s right was completely different but I am a city driver so already decided to swap my diesel for something more economic. 
I am ready to sacrifice more powerful car for economic Lexus especially for my city “city of roundabouts” 
I think I will get use to that gearbox. 
Just to double check so I don’t need to buy car straight from official dealer to be protected with warranty for 15 years since first registration right ? 

I saw some privates auctions around 90k mileage sometimes even less starts from 7k 

Another question how to recognise a Mark Levinson sound system in a car?

Thanks

If you do not buy from a Lexus dealer, you will have to pay approx £65 for an annual health check which covers you for annual mileage of 10,000.

Do let us all know how you get on.

Mines a 2011 on 103K with FSH.
You don’t need to worry about the traction Battery as they don’t go wrong. Mine is still perfectly healthy.
I’ve had nothing go wrong with the car apart from a recall.
Just be cautious if you’re buying private as anyone would do buying 2nd hand.
Good luck [emoji1360]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Hi there, Sorry I can't help you on your question 100k mileage CT but I'm in a similar predicament as at the moment I have a  3 year old A3 Diesel and just about to take the plunge in buying a CT completely different cars to drive,

I like you have taken a test drive and my underlining thoughts were how solid it felt and a well built car, now whether I'm getting mislead I don't know may be its because it has stiffer suspension than the A3 and that's where I'm reading reviews saying how uncomfortable the ride is, my first impressions after a 24hr test drive was that I didn't experience that at all and thought the ride was very good,

The one underlining issue I have in buying a CT is with all my research on this car i've dun there are only a few positive reviews i've read and that's for me a bit disconcerting after all there the experts I'm certainly not,

In the end I'm buying the car and I have to make my mind up and ultimately make that choice I'm interested to here your or anybody's thoughts on this and how you decided to go for a CT.👍

Ps, sorry if it looks as though i've taken over your post I certainly haven't meant to.

Ignore the reviews in the motoring media. I have had a CT for nearly 3 years (replaced an IS200 I had for 13 years) and you would think the so called experts were talking about a different car! Make sure you take your chossen CT for a good test drive as it does some issues ie hardish ride, tight legroom in the back and small boot. Do not worry about the CVT gear box its easy peasy to use just different to a standard box. Lexus are reliable cars but need servicing to keep them tip top. The car is not slow even in Eco mode and returns good mpg. Enjoy the car. 

• Like 1

Another question where can i find full list of specifications and description about every single version? 
Advance, premier SE-L etc. Am not sure which one is basic and which one have the most features.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys. I'm looking to swap my IS250 for CT with over 120k and preferably full service history, and would like to hear some new experiences with your high miler CT. I'm mostly worried about violently shaky engines, egr, head gasket issues. Any way to detect any of that upon purchase? If I bring techstream with me, what should I look out for?

12 hours ago, jaaniic said:

Hi guys. I'm looking to swap my IS250 for CT with over 120k and preferably full service history, and would like to hear some new experiences with your high miler CT. I'm mostly worried about violently shaky engines, egr, head gasket issues. Any way to detect any of that upon purchase? If I bring techstream with me, what should I look out for?

Techstream isn't going to help you with a clogged EGR, there won't be an error code generated. Just test at least a couple of different vehicles so you know what the engine is normally like and avoid any that are violently shaking. Also check the mpg history to see if it is low, or has been getting worse over time.

1 hour ago, jaaniic said:

Thanks. About techstream, I meant what to look for overall.

I guess really all you can look for is pending/current and historic error codes. You can also see the voltage of each module within the Battery pack - to make sure they are all close to each other but you cannot easily load the batteries to do a proper check.

If you get one with full Lexus service history then if should have a current warranty on the Battery as part of the hybrid health check so possibly not worth worrying about the Battery too much.

Out of interest, how do they perform health check? Just plugging in scanner and checking, or doing proper stress test with stats about remaining life / percentage / other?

2 hours ago, jaaniic said:

Out of interest, how do they perform health check? Just plugging in scanner and checking, or doing proper stress test with stats about remaining life / percentage / other?

They don't really detail what they do but I'd assume they check the voltages are within a certain % of each other, they check the engine/hybrid system cuts in/out as expected and they run up the hybrid Battery cooling fans to make sure they are working correctly. Toyota have faith in their Battery packs so they aren't going to provide cycle count / remaining life etc - they provide a warranty up to 14 years provided you continue to get health checks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links