Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus, got questions!

AngieW

Hi, just traded my C class Merc for a CT Advance plus 2015. Absolutely love it and will never go back to German cars!
Question 1: My key fob only has the 2 standard lock/unlock buttons, but the car seems to have some kind of keyless entry thing. Manual says touch the door handle twice within 5 seconds then click the lock button twice. Not sure what that does. If I then touch the handle it unlocks. However when I return to the car hours later, I have to use the remote fob again to unlock. Can anyone explain what these functions are for and if I’m doing something wrong? 
Question 2: can’t tell if reverse parking sensors are working due to loud beeping when in reverse. Too far away to go back to Lexus dealer where I bought it, but wonder if local Lexus might change the setting so I only get 1 beep?

Question 3:  front parking sensors only work on the corners/sideways. But due to large front grille, not sure there’s room to drill/put more on the front, unless there are some stick on ones I could get?would only need 2.  Any other ideas? (Lazy I know but I’ve come to rely on lots of sensors!). 
any advice appreciated 😊 Also, is there not a setting Lexus can adjust to keep the parking sensors activated or do I just have to keep remembering to manually turn them on with the switch? 

Most Lexus have a host of sub menus in the menu settings to turn all sorts of things on and off. If your car has the mouse type control with Premier navigation then you will find lots of settings hidden away. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links