Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus Is200!

Yesterday I received a letter from Lexus Leicester to say that now I had had my car for a year I might think about changing it or adding accessories to it then I should give them a call to discuss. I thought I’d see how much it would cost me to upgrade to an IS200 Sport with Sat Nav (I currently have a IS200 Sport). They took my details and said they would call me back. After an hour they rang and said they couldn’t give me a price for the car as it has been discontinued and been replaced by a new IS200 Sport!! This car features full leather as standard, a short shift gear stick, different headlights (I think he said tinted but it may have been HID), 11 spoke alloys (same as on the Limited edition) and the body is essentially the same. He said that that is all the information he had at them moment as the car had only just come through, but as soon as he had a price and full details he would give me a call.

I was near Lexus Coventry when they rang back so I thought I’d pop in to get more information but they didn’t know anything about it.

Has anyone any information or know anything about this? Was he winding me up?

He.he.he.

The dealers are getting rid of all the surplus Alloy's & Leather interiors!!!

But look on the bright side..........

......You can get a decent colour!!!! :D

It looks like the LE is about to go down the same road as the Ist gen. renault Clio Williams!

When I ordered an IS200LE yesterday I was told that the IS range was being modified to include full leather and LE-style wheels - the dealer was unsure about the headlights - at a cost of a price increase of £400. The current spec cars are thin on the ground and the new spec will be available soon. Sounds like the LE features will become standard at a similar price to the LE (very few left now) perhaps to keep interest high until a new car in, say, 2005??

What the guy said is true, but I'm surprised that he told you about it... as the information was only released last week at the Geneva convention.

I'm probably saying too much also, so I'll shut up :shutit:

What the guy said is true, but I'm surprised that he told you about it... as the information was only released last week at the Geneva convention.

I'm probably saying too much also, so I'll shut up :shutit:

I think he had no choice but to tell me as he couldn't get a price for the current car as it had been discontinued.

He also said that the car has front and rear parking sensors.

Joking aside....If this is true, then it's pants!

If I had bought an LE, I would expect it to be just that. A limited Edition.

I personally prefer the 17" 5 spokes, but whatever floats yer boat. If I had bought an LE with it's promise of exclusivity, and then the wheels and interior rolled out over the range, I would be an unhappy chap!

I agree, Limited Edition, nice marketing ploy to sell a few units before applying to the range but a rip off to the unsuspecting person. Bit like the only yellow IS300 with styling kit in the UK that one of the dealers is advertising on the Lexus site!! Probably loads on their way...

Question: So does it make sense to sell a brand new car after 1 year? I always thought depreciation showed that a car is best to sell after 3 years unless you travel to the moon and back each year and rack the miles up! My car is 3 years old this coming Dec and I'm wondering whether to sell!!

I got an 'invitation' (probably mass produced) through the door yesterday inviting me to Lexus Oxford this weekend to take advantage of discounts applied to 2nd user motors only available to Oxford and if I take the invitation, I get a further £500 of what ever I negotiate. Hmmmm, what an attractive offer, PROBABLY NOT!!!

Question: So does it make sense to sell a brand new car after 1 year? I always thought depreciation showed that a car is best to sell after 3 years unless you travel to the moon and back each year and rack the miles up! My car is 3 years old this coming Dec and I'm wondering whether to sell!!

I don’t think I have any intention of selling my car now it wouldn’t make financial sense. I just thought I would see what I could get for my money. I bought mine in 2003 with the intention I would keep it for three years and then swap it in 2006 for the NEW IS200 which is due in 2005 ( I believe). If your car is three years old in December I would hold on for the new IS200.

I feel a lot of this activity smacks of a company that is trying to drum up sales for an end of life model in anticipation of a new version coming out.

As has been said I would be annoyed if I had bought an LE believing that it is a unique car only to have all the features put on all the other cars.

I find this news very disturbing. As someone whose brand new LE is sitting in

Lexus Hadleighs showroom waiting for me to collect it on Sat.

If indeed all this is true then there is going to be one f :tsktsk: ing big row

with these peeps as the only reason we bought that model was for the

extras (neither Mrs Mike or I are particularily keen on the colour).

Mail sent to Hadleigh I await their response.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I've bought 3 IS200's from Lexus Hadleigh and I've always found them to be honest chaps.... hopefully, they haven't told you any porkies...

I've always dealt with Jeremy Chilton... he used to be a sales guy, but is now 'centre manager' - whatever that means! Talk to him and see what he says...

Your brave Mike buying a car when your not even keen on the colour unless you got a stonking deal! Colour was one of my biggest decisions. I went for Plat Ice but starting to see much nicer looking red/aztec red/blue ones around, they show the wheels off much better. And these colours look the biz with body kits on, can't say the same for Plat Ice. Having said that, Plat Ice was the colour to have when I bought mine - or I thought so!!

They're car dealers at the end of the day and will tell you anything you want to hear!!!!!!!! 

Got a mate who sells cars for a main dealer (not lexus), and he tells me some funny stories on what he and others tell customers

OK I've had a little chat with the GM at Lex Hadleigh and he's due to call me back later with the exact details of the updated spec.

He also says that no one at the dealership would have known of this update

when we went to look at the LE. (about 4 weeks ago)

Anyway whatever the outcome of this I think their timing on this issue sucks

and I'm sure there will be other LE owners reading this who feel the same way.

Mike

Hi Guys

Can I clear up some of the confusion here please?

Firstly the LE was a genuinely limited availability model, which represented excellent value. All customers who took delivery of this car should be happy with it.

Selling cars is a constantly moving picture, both the manufacturer and the dealers must do their best to ensure they are as competitive as possible at all times. This means from time to time new models, spec changes and price changes must happen. The worst effect on customers I have seen with these decisions was the massive price reductions in the summer of 2000. I was with BMW then, they decided to reduce the prices on 1st September!

Lexus dealers were informed of an ’04 model year IS200 at the Dealer Conference on 4th March.

The changes for the IS200 SE are as follows:

· New 11 spoke alloy wheels

· Tinted Headlamps

· Full leather upholstery fitted as standard

· Optional factory fitted, colour coded parking sensors (front and rear)

In addition the Sport will receive a new short shift gear lever.

The new price for the IS200 SE is £20,770 OTR or £21,145 with Met. Paint. The IS200 Sport will be £22,030 OTR.

The LE still has: HID Auto Leveling Headlamps, Auto Dim Mirror and Front Armrest over the SE and have a lower price of £20,795, inc Met Paint. So I would recommend that those waiting on one were not too disappointed!

Hope this helps

Question for Lexus Edinburgh: Did you dealers conference say any plans Lexus has to to include common moans from existing IS owners to future models, namely steering wheel controls and folding rear seats? Good to hear that the front armrest is here and that rear sensors are optional (I specifically had to ask for these when I bought my car in Dec 2001 and when I asked for them to be colour coded, dealer had to go and ask as it had never been asked before).

Did you dealers conference say any plans Lexus has to to include common moans from existing IS owners to future models

Not specifically, although I do know that Lexus are better at listening to their customers than any other I have had experience of.

I am sure all the feedback they have received will be considered when the new IS arrives.

Just before you ask, no I don’t know anything about it!

Ian

Hi Guys

Can I clear up some of the confusion here please?

Firstly the LE was a genuinely limited availability model, which represented excellent value. All customers who took delivery of this car should be happy with it.

Selling cars is a constantly moving picture, both the manufacturer and the dealers must do their best to ensure they are as competitive as possible at all times. This means from time to time new models, spec changes and price changes must happen. The worst effect on customers I have seen with these decisions was the massive price reductions in the summer of 2000. I was with BMW then, they decided to reduce the prices on 1st September!

Lexus dealers were informed of an ’04 model year IS200 at the Dealer Conference on 4th March.

The changes for the IS200 SE are as follows:

· New 11 spoke alloy wheels

· Tinted Headlamps

· Full leather upholstery fitted as standard

· Optional factory fitted, colour coded parking sensors (front and rear)

In addition the Sport will receive a new short shift gear lever.

The new price for the IS200 SE is £20,770 OTR or £21,145 with Met. Paint. The IS200 Sport will be £22,030 OTR.

The LE still has: HID Auto Leveling Headlamps, Auto Dim Mirror and Front Armrest over the SE and have a lower price of £20,795, inc Met Paint. So I would recommend that those waiting on one were not too disappointed!

Hope this helps

Thank you for that Ian, I feel a little less erm miffed now

Mike

I know its been said before but I'm going to say it again, would be nice to see more dealers particpate in this forum like Edinburgh does consistently. Certainly may help 'some' dealers realise where improvements can be made but at the same time, acknowledge where they have received compliments. I do think the 'top service' crown that Lexus as enjoyed in recent annual awards/surveys has begun to slip!

Maybe a suggestion for the next dealers conference!!

I certainly think it helps dispell any possibly unwarrented moans a lto quicker.

In the past before Lexus Edinburgh came along, this thread would have got a lot longer and the moans worse. Now a dealer has explained a bit more detail, we all start to get a bit happier.

Maybe Lexus GB should come on here from time to time to help out. They could gain a lot of constructive ideas and views from us all. At the end of the day, none of us hate Lexus or the car, and have good an "bad" things to say about them.

"Listen and ye shall hear more"

Personally I think its a bit steep to expext people to pay a lot more for a car that is soon to be replaced! Why not keep the price the same rather than upping it.

Plus, what are "tinted headlights" all about - hope they are not yellow!!

I got a courtesy call from Lexus Sheffield yesterday (08/03/04) after test driving a LE a couple of weeks ago. The caller informed me of the new IS200SE changes, but I'd still really like an LE - little things like the Arm Rest are important (to my wife anyway!).

Will the LE colour (Kodiak Sky) be rolled out to the SE?

I'm hoping to be a position to purchase a new IS200 in a couple of weeks so will be keeping an eye out to see how things go. I'm told there are still some manual LEs available for purchase. I've also found a place in Nottingham that can get a full UK LE with 3yr Lexus Warranty for £19500. Decisions decisions.....

Cheers

Phil

For my pennies worth I think it is great that Lexus Edinburgh posted their mail - it shows great proactivity on the part of a dealer - and yes Lexus GB should join in - trouble is where would their participation stop ?