Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lc 500 --- RECALL !!

Pritchard

hey.
mine is booked in under warranty for something else thats broken.

just did a quick check online (lexus recall checker page) and entered my reg, ('68 plate) and it says 'Voluntary or Safety Recall for your vehicle''. no description as to what exactly.

Phoned my locally dealer, and asked if they could 1) tell me what it was, and 2) fix it when its booked in mid-March.
i was told its a 'high pressure fuel pump' thats prone to failure.

I am not on the forums much... but thought it may be of you for some to know... but probably you do already?

oh sorry.... and 2) - no they cant fix it. because they dont have any fuel pumps and dont know when are due in.

im sure they should have called me about this, and not the other way around?
and, i am no fire safety man... but if a fuel pump is being recalled its either going to leave me stranded, or on fire.

Seems my car is also on the list.

My supplying dealer confirmed that there is no detail yet of the rectification but I should receive a letter from Lexus soon.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, AJ500 said:

Seems my car is also on the list.

My supplying dealer confirmed that there is no detail yet of the rectification but I should receive a letter from Lexus soon.

Mine in a late 2017, just tried the recall checker and it’s saying everything is fine. I wonder if the was a minor update between 2017 and 2018?

• 3 months later...

Has anyone received a letter from Lexus about this recall?  Or,actually had the work done.

My dealer told me there is no further news but despite lockdown it’s been some months and I know the USA cars are being fixed.

Cheers,

A J.

I don't understand why there is a recall for the fuel pump, my 2015 RC-F was recalled for the same thing, i thought the RC-F and LC have the same engine.

My understanding is this is applicable to some 2018 cars and is a low pressure fuel pump located within the tank,necessitating removal of rear seat.Info gleaned via US forums as my dealer has not given much detail other than to say they cannot action anything before Lexus UK contact them.

I believe the first LC 500 had a fuel pump recall back in 2017.

Always seems to be the same, in the USA if there is a recall it gets sorted pronto, the Volkswagen emissions scandal resulted in cars being returned for refunds over the pond meanwhile nothing much done in the UK apart from shove some more Ad Blu in at your own expense.

Vauxhall seemed to take their recall for the heater fire problem with the “Zafire a” with a pinch of salt and looked what happened there after they swept the ashes under the tarmac.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links