Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Dash Cam

I am going to fit a (for want of a better word) Dash cam in the rear window and wondered if any body else has done the same.

Main problem is that the camera is powered by  a usb cable and is 5v so will need to use the cables provided.

Does anybody know if there is a 12v ignition feed that i could use, one i have thought of would be the lead to the reversing camera but figure that might prove troublesome.

David

I fitted an apeman front and rear (cheapish). The power is supplied from the 12v from center console which feeds the front, then the front connects to the rear. Have posted some pictures on another feed about dash cams

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

I also used the centre console connection method for the front screen dash cam and copy and paste my note from 2017

I fitted one and posted my solution which I paste and copy hope it is of some help

Had the car for just over a month and been looking at ways of fitting a Dash Cam but lack of 12v socket (except the one inside the centre console) was always the problem.

Looked at all topics on site but all seemed to involve some cutting and I was told by Lexus that the only way to get to the back of the Socket was to take off the whole of the centre console, well they were not being truthful. So been having another go/think again today and when it got  darkish using a torch inside the box I noticed a line down each side of the front of the box. So using a thin but stiff  plastic  spatula about the width of the box I push this under the rim of the top of the box and the whole section popped off allowing access to the back of the socket. I have piggy backed off the back of the socket with fused connection and fitted a multi socket inside the glove box with all the wires out of sight behind the centre console. So weeks of trying to find a solution it turns out to be simple.

Hope this is of help to others

David

Didnt think of going there again was hopeful of a boot connection, sad to say that my old company Ford Mondeos had one and was very useful for rear seat passengers. 

Will give it some thought about going there again might be a little time as i am fitting one to my Wildax Campervan (Master Based) at present a real pig of a job having to take furniture and panels galore apart.

Any more suggestions hopefully and gladly received.

Not sure why the link doesn't work will look at this later,
For the rear camera there was no cutting or drilling involved, the connecting cable front to rear is fed into the roof lining and through the rubber grommet for the electrical supplies to the tail gate.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links