Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS 300H Navigation map questions

Hello,

I got a Lexus IS300H Sport (2016) a couple of weeks ago. It is my first Lexus and I am still finding my way around the menus etc, so I suspect I'll be asking a few dumb newbie questions. It is, of course, a very nice car.

Anyway, I have some questions on setting up the navigation map - is it possible to get it to:

- give a "driver's eye" view of the road, so that the map is showing the road ahead? ("3-D View" as my portable TomTom describes it, though that seems to mean something different in the Lexus.)
- show the miles to destination and the car's current speed on the map? 

It's quite possible that I've missed these features, or that I don't understand the zooming in the map. The car came with the non-premium map, if that helps.

Any help with these questions would be very welcome!

Colin

1 hour ago, Colin Crow said:

I couldn't see anything relating to these questions in the Lexus Navigation Owner's Manual, Roy (which isn't to say I didn't miss it).

Just been out to my car and retrieved my Sat Nav section of my Handbook Colin.

In the Index section at the rear is a section headed NUMBERS/SYMBOLS which appears before A.

Within the section is a reference to 2D and 3D dual map screens. See if you have such a section.

Thank you for checking about this.

I don't have a Numbers/Symbols section in the Index of my Navigation, but I have tried the 3D-view setting in the map view and it's different from the 3d view setting in the TomTom (which I am used to).

On the TomTom you pretty much get a view as seen by the driver at road level, whereas with the Lexus it is as if from some distance above and behind the car - like a view from above but with perspective (if you see what I mean). Maybe I could zoom in to get a similar effect to the TomTom? I'll play about with that and post my results.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Colin Crow said:

give a "driver's eye" view of the road, so that the map is showing the road ahead? ("3-D View" as my portable TomTom describes it, though that seems to mean something different in the Lexus.)
- show the miles to destination and the car's current speed on the map? 

I have a 2015 IS 300h with the standard {rotary knob) sat nav and have a separate user manual for this in addition to the car user manual. On your questions however there is no 3d drivers eye view like you are looking for - just a 2d or mild 3d style. I think you can set miles to destination (though may be wrong on that) but I have mine set to the ETA for the  the destination. I don't believe there is any way to show the cars current speed on the map. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply wharfhouse. I've been testing a little more and the Lexus 3d view + zoom does give me the kind of view I'm looking for, so I'm very happy with that.

I'll have a look for the miles to destination setting, although ETA is good too.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Colin Crow said:

sat Thank you for the reply wharfhouse. I've been testing a little more and the Lexus 3d view + zoom does give me the kind of view I'm looking for, so I'm very happy with that.

I'll have a look for the miles to destination setting, although ETA is good too.

If you purchased from a Lexus dealer may be worth asking them for the user manual for the standard (non-premium) sat nav that you have - it's a comprehensive book - about half the thickness of the car user manual... I purchased my car second hand and the sat nav manual was in the pack with the car user manual. I haven't been able to locate a copy of this on-line (the car manual and premium sat nav are available on-line but not the standard sat nav it seems).

5 minutes ago, Thackeray said:

Here's a link to a pdf version of the SatNav manual for the IS from August 2015.

I found this on the manuals section on the Lexus website at this address https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals/#hero

Unfortunately that is the one for the Premium nav - the OP (and myself) have the Standard non-premium nav (the one with the rotary knob rather than the mouse) and that manual (which I have in hard copy) does not seem to be anywhere online I could find.

• Like 1

I have the hardcopy manual too - I didn't see the things I asked about specifically mentioned in it, so I thought I'd ask the forum :) 

Thanks for all the replies, I think I'm sorted now.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links