Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First post , old member, SC430 owner

Bobliz

What a fantastic forum. Have lurked here over many years . SC430 2002 Bought for my wife in 2006 hence Registration L12 XMS Liz for Christmas , tacky I know but very good reason for it, like recovering from what is normally a terminal illness. Original intention a Porsche but despite 2 other cars she insisted it had to have 4 seats  (daughter of 8 years of age at the time)and the Lexus fitted the bill. The Porsche would by now be a basket of bits probably.

Currently  long distance Jag xf plus 2 other Astras for commute , dog carrying for muddy walks etc. How I wish I had bought GS instead of the Jag!!!! My mate did as I rambled on about Lexus and must say lovely motor. Take the test , close the door on a Lexus and then a Jag. Point proved.

The Lexus now in a nice dry garage and will come out to play in Late April /May. Am I delusional but having followed SC430 prices over years are they accelerating in value? Dont care really as this one will never ever be sold . Currently 93000 miles and another 2 -3000 leisure miles with the top down this coming year. Problems yes but minor. aerial toothed belt, door speakers , both of which are within my limited mechanical expertise. Got fed up with tyre pressure sensor light and followed the easy dis connection posted on this forum to turn off. Very very pedantic on tyre pressure as rode large super bikes before banned by my better half after throwing my YZF under a white van on the Seven Sisters Road so unlike the majority of the road going population check weekly if not more frequently.

Cannot understand the need for more power/ acceleration  in the SC430  if you want to burn off Astons and Ferrari's get a big bike. Even the Bugatti would get burned by a YZF  or BMW S1000rr UP TO 120 MPH (2nd gear at 13000 revs).

Our sc has a tendency to go walk about steering wise at a change in the road surface and the last advisory was the lower control arm had some play. Will get replaced this April.with discs and pads. Shocks seem ok but if anybody here has experience of this would be obliged to hear their thoughts. Would it be wise to change the upper control arms as well? I have the full workshop manuals for the sc430 (albeit the American model) and the 3 volumes stand 9 inches high. If any body here could benefit then please advise and I can send them a scan of the section they are interested in.Electric and wiring diagram fully one volume . Totally foreign to me.

Oh well got a door card to remove (instruction courtesy of this forum to get these 6x 9's back in working order) . Why would you wish to get replacement for the Harmon Karmon unit . Ears must be better than mine.

Replaced wheels and run flats and amazing difference. Kept the originals as my heirs may get a better price when they sell for an Audi TT urgggh

Kindest regards

Bob

• Like 2

Thanks all for a warm welcome . There is nothing better than cruising along behind a Lexus V8 with the top down .Except Copse Corner at full chat on a Super bike track day but its kind of different and not now for an oldie like me .My sc430 is like my Rolex Explorer 2  watch, its not a sports car , its not the fastest , best handling, quietest, economical car out there but when I asked why the Rolex didn't tell the time as accurately as my digital eco Citizen I was told that the Mona Lisa couldn't tell the time either but works of art never do.

I contacted Japex on recommendation of this forum re lower control arm replacement and front discs /pads etc and got an immediate response. Booked in for 7th April (if its not wet)

Very pleased so far .Will post my findings .

Cant wait for the end of this weather and some sunshine. Anybody want to swap a G.S for a Jag xf . 

Regrds

Bob

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Bobliz said:

Of course not Harmon - Karmon,   Mark Levinson

Idiot I am . 

Bob

Not at all.....

Right first time, the ML name is owned by Harmon Industries. The oem system in the SC is still pretty good though...better than the newer ones that I've listened to.