Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windshield washer fluid reservoir filling pipe

where the bottle attaches to the body with some long nosed pliers

squeeze the two lugs together then pull the bottle neck upwards

this should release it from the body

• Like 1

Heave a look in this post where somebody described how they went about changing their Xenon bulb: link

I would be very interested to hear how you get on as I'd like to do this myself - and have done it many times in the past on other cars - but am a little afraid of Xenon and the access (or lack)  available. The post I linked to didn't really provide enough to satisfy my cowardly nature 🤣

19 hours ago, route66 said:

Heave a look in this post where somebody described how they went about changing their Xenon bulb: link

I would be very interested to hear how you get on as I'd like to do this myself - and have done it many times in the past on other cars - but am a little afraid of xenon and the access (or lack)  available. The post I linked to didn't really provide enough to satisfy my cowardly nature 🤣

Just did the replacement for both sides. All went well. Quick rundown:

- space is very limited on both sides but it is doable with patience
- you need to remove the filling pipe but that's a piece of cake when you know how to do it (just like 200h said and it takes not more than 10 seconds)
- make sure you have ignition switched off and lights turned off as well (if you want to be extra careful you might wanna disconnect the Battery but I didn't)
- then just remove the cover (ignitor) and the plug
- now you have access to the bulb itself and you may remove the holder clips
- pull out the bulb and put in the replacement (do not touch the glass)
- plug everything back in and you're done.

Only thing that took me +15minutes was the fact that I dropped the broken light bulb to the bottom of the engine bay. 😣 

In order to get it out I had to remove the air intake pipe to fit my arm all the way down. Easy job and it saved me 229 € compared to the quote from my dealer to change my bulbs (not my own labor included but what the heck, it's all about learning and new experiences).

Edit. Oh yead, I got the bulbs from amazon with original part number I got from my dealer (Osram 66440CBI). People were suggesting Osrams so I went with those.

Edited by nikkethegreat
forgot to mention the bulbs
  • Thanks 2

Congratulations and well done,always worth trying it yourself where possible with the added bonus of saving some money too(although not always possible lol)👍

• Like 1