Shizukesa

Choose your weapon:

• HKS Silent Hi-Power
  • Japspeed cat back
  • Cobra Sport (resonated)
  • Megan Racing
  • Blitz Nur
  • Other

I'm looking for an exhaust for my IS200 and I'm looking for some input!

Thanks!

Just a nice sound and a little louder than stock. No rasp, a nice deep tone.

I'm worried that the HKS Silent would be too quiet for my liking as I've heard others say it's no louder than stock. I don't know why there is no non-silent version of the HKS exhaust avialable in the UK.

I'm afraid that the Japspeed would be too raspy and from the videos I've seen, the Blitz Nur sounds crap (I know you can't really judge well from videos).

I'm still as undecided as I was when I first got it 2 weeks ago. Researching has only made the choice harder haha!

I had one custom made/built when I owned my IS200 sport,because I wanted the noise level as close to stock as possible it was made with a chambered back box. 

• 6 months later...

So... I've ended up with a FULL Japspeed system. Decat manifold, sports cat and cat back.

It's WAY too loud.

Does anyone know which would be best out of the following to quieten it down a bit?

HKS Silent Hi-Power

Cobra Sport (Resonated)

Thanks 🙂

It's really hard to give an opinion as exhaust tone is a personal preference but I'd take a HKS Silent Hi-Power over the other options.

Purely based on my experiences with my low cc 4-pot turbo cars (Starlets).  

For the money the Japspeed are pretty decent but the fit and finish of the JDM brands are a lot better IMO.  I've no experience of the Cobra and haven't even heard of Megan Racing till now.  Have used both brands (and the Blitz) in the past and actually prefer the Hi-Power system as it takes you to be up the rev range before it gets loud.  Just on that - the Japspeed usually come with a silencer bung that might help yours more liveable?

7 hours ago, Jaystar77 said:

It's really hard to give an opinion as exhaust tone is a personal preference but I'd take a HKS Silent Hi-Power over the other options.

Purely based on my experiences with my low cc 4-pot turbo cars (Starlets).  

For the money the Japspeed are pretty decent but the fit and finish of the JDM brands are a lot better IMO.  I've no experience of the Cobra and haven't even heard of Megan Racing till now.  Have used both brands (and the Blitz) in the past and actually prefer the Hi-Power system as it takes you to be up the rev range before it gets loud.  Just on that - the Japspeed usually come with a silencer bung that might help yours more liveable?

Don't get me wrong, the sound is fine, but the volume is ridiculous.

I hope the HKS exhaust will keep it as quiet as I want it. The problem is, it's £500 and doesn't even include a resonator 😞 Hopefully the Japspeed resonator won't cause an issue and the HKS muffler will quieten it down a lot.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links