Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sc430 Sound system & Sat Nav

Philip Pearson

Hi Phil, There are others on this forum who have far greater expertise on this than me but yes it is possible however having done some research and bought a GTA carkits harness that didn't fit I will probably get it all fitted by an expert. I worked out that the components would cost about £700 and have had a quote to fit it all including a reversing camera for about £1100. Obviously you can spend a lot more if you feel the need.

For the moment I have a Bluetooth cassette that works well enough until I get round to doing the job properly. Unfortunately as the ML system does not have an aux input the option to plug in a cheap Bluetooth adapter isn't available. 

24 minutes ago, scudney said:

Or buy an aftermarket stereo that has bluetooth and sat nav incorporated into it amongst other features 

Yes it's possible but it is quite expensive to do.

To retain the ML amp and most of the built in features, a Beat-Sonic adapter MVA-13LE is required. Alternatively the amp could be replaced with something better to connect to the after-market head unit but then you have to consider that the speakers are also matched to work with the Harmon (ML) amp.  

Hi Neil,

Does the Beat sonic plug straight in with no messing around? I notice the description says it uses the 12 , 6 and 20 pin connectors - my 06 unit has only two connectors (5 and 20 pin) on the back so presumably will not be compatible.

Hi Toby, yes it's plug and play. My car is a 2006 just like yours. If you get the MVA-13LE on a later model, it's plug and play but if you want the audio door to close neatly, with some head units, there's a little bit of crafting to do. 

I did mine a few years ago by adapting an imported US  MVA-13L before they made the 'E' version and there was some minor wiring work to do but it works just fine. My audio set up is modified so much I could dispense with the Beat-Sonic interface now.  If you look in the long build thread on LW there's a fair bit of detail.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links